Bloomsky Integration

Mine stopped working about six months ago - just totally dead. Other original owners still working?

My battery reporting doesn't work, but everything else does.

Looks like it was February of 2016 when they were giving them away.

I was the one who first found the promotion and posted it on ST years ago. Mine still works and shows a full battery.

2 Likes

Mine is still working and I can say that I'm surprised. I was one of the free ones.

2 Likes

Same here and right around the same timeframe. I tried resetting it and some of the lights worked but I could not get it to connect. I left it for the winter, because I did not want to get up on the ladder again to pull it down. I'll probably give it another shot next month, and move it to a more accessible location (if i can get it to work)

I remember setting up the wifi on this was a nightmare, it traumatized me. I think I spent hours trying.

When I switched to Unifi a while ago, I was scared to move this over, but it actually went pretty smoothly.

Same here ... I snagged two of them :smile: ... and they're both still working fine.

1 Like

Getting this now with the latest firmware.

Where do you see firmware version? Mine looks like it's still working.

i'm talking about the hub firmware.. Unfortunately it doesn't include the line number in the error message so not sure where to begin debugging this.

Aah, I'm on 2.2.3.148

hmm me too..

I know this is long ago, but I get this now:

I can't program myself out of a paper bag, but this might help someone else. And if that someone else figures this out, please let me know.

You need to create a new driver and paste the code there. You are pasting it to an app.

PSA: Don't let your SKY go offline!

Mine had the solar panel get accidentally unplugged and shutdown a day or two later when the battery ran down. When I noticed, I brought it back in and plugged it in, and it seemed to be uploading data to Bloomsky's servers - but their servers kept it marked "offline". I traced the network traffic and it definitely was uploading a new image every 7 or so minutes. When I reset the network, it would upload an image the servers would accept and display (BloomSky | Realtime weather and picture with daily time-lapse), and then go back to uploading an image every 7 minutes, but their servers wouldn't accept anymore.

I tried contacting support at Bloomsky, but it looks like no one is home. Their phone is disconnected and no one answers email. Their last public post was to their FB account 9 months ago. I think they are effectively out of business.

So don't let your SKY lose it's connection, because you might not get it to run again.

I just bought an Ambient Weather WS-2000 to replace it. I got the SKY for free originally from the deal posted on the ST community back in 2016. I'll miss the camera pointed to the sky, but at least the replacement will be a better weather station.

1 Like

That's strange, mine was offline on purpose for a few days because I managed to strip the screws holding it together while attempting to change the battery. It reconnected just fine yesterday afternoon when I plugged it back in to the solar panel.

I wish I was that lucky. Mine has been in this state for 3 weeks now.

Anyone still have a first gen Bloomsky running? Mine seem to have stopped reporting temperature data in HE but I see it in the logs.

Edit: Correction, info in the logs is stale, it's logging same data.

Bloomsky's servers have been up and down a lot lately. The company is mostly gone and some Chinese company (ηž°ε€©η§‘ζŠ€) has bought the IP. I wouldn't be surprised if it all turns off someday.

The best source of information appears this FB group: Redirecting...

There was someone posting on the FB group who had written some scripts to mimic the Bloomsky backend servers, so that you could intercept the messages coming out of the SKY and process them locally.

(as I noted above, my SKY died and I was never able to resurrect it. I replaced it with an Ambient WS-2000, which locally feeds my Hubitat via snell's driver at [PROJECT] Driver for Ambient API/Local and Ecowitt)

1 Like

Yeah, been noticing the BloomSky services have been slowly going away. The phone app reports the temp, but lags an hour behind. And that's the only thing it reports --- everything else is gone. My BloomSky piston that use to report Temp, humidity, rain, etc. is useless, so it's in a Pause state for now.

Been looking at AmbientWeather and WeatherFlow stations to replace the BloomSky.

1 Like