bleBox Device Integration

I highly appreciate your hard work making the bleBox integration.

I have been using that for about a year, staying on 1.2 because I was too much of a chicken to upgrade. But after a major rework of my home automation I have recently replaced a lot of devices and started from scratch with a lot of other devices (not the bleBox ones). This prompted an upgrade of my two Hubitats, new firmware for SwitchboxD, and new drivers from you.

Sadly, I can't get the App to find any devices now :frowning:

Here is what I did:

• Remove old drivers
  • Remove old app
  • Upgrade Hubitat
  • Upgrade firmware on SwitchboxD using the mobile app
  • Install the new 2.0 App from your Github repo
  • Install the SwitchboxD driver from your Github repo
  • Acivate the bleBox integration app
  • Install bleBox devices using app = no devices found
  • List available devices using app = no devices found
  • Verify devices are online and reachable on WiFi (they are, direct browser access works)
  • Reboot Hubitat
  • Install bleBox devices using app = no devices found
  • List available devices using app = no devices found

I tried enabling the "debug" boolean, but the Events list in Settings keeps being empty.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? :slight_smile:

It will take me a day or two. Have to set up my testbed.

1 Like

Much appreciated.

Anything I can do to help? Operating the device with Fiddler or Wireshark recording? Send you log data from ... something? Analyze/double check my network with other tools?

Hubitat is Rev C-7 running 2.3.0.119
switchBoxD has the following unit data:

Device identifier: 6ac63aff6341
Device type: switchBoxD
Hardware version: 9.6
Firmware version: 0.1022
API type: switchBoxD
API level: 20200831

Is the device on the same wifi network as your Hubitat? What is the device IP address? Hubitat IP address? (seen problems on address ranges in the past, especially on non-default wifi networks.)

It seems the problem might be that the bleBox switchBoxD isn't playing nice with the WiFi I have (Unifi WiFi 6 APs). Connection is dropped, which means Hubitat can't see it.

I'll play more with the settings and see what happens, but it's probably not the integration app or driver. It seems more likely that it's the switchBoxD not playing nice with a Unifi network. Sorry for bugging you.

I have seen other probles with the Unifi. Interested on your resolution.

Thanks for the information.

I reduced security features and automatic isolation of LAN clients, removed remote access on the switchBoxD (was off before the firmware update but had reverted to on), then rebooted the UDM Pro unit, the APs and the switchBoxD. It's the first time I have had to do that, so it wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

It's working so far. I'll update the thread if something breaks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
I am new to the HE world and slowly I am discovering. I already have some sensors working, however I got stuck at bleBox wifi Temperature sensor.

I have similar issue as before, here is what I did:

• added the sensor into my local network, via IO direct access a get temp readings
  • installed bleBox integration app, v2.0.0
  • installed bleBox temp sensor driver, v2.0.0, API level 20210118
  • I added the sensor as device into HE. In device list I get temp reading as state as well (together with Trend and sensor health)
  • installed bleBox switchBoxD driver, v2.0.0, API level 20200831
  • I wanted to add the temp value into my dashboard. I created a tile, then the three dots as settings. Here is the problem, because I don't see the sensor here, so I can't add it.

I tried the above mentioned steps, but no progress.

After entering sensor' IP in browser, I go to settings and at the bottom, I see that the API level is 20210118.

Could it be, that the problem is diferent API level betwen the sensor driver and the switchBoxD?

Thanks for ideas.
If you need further info, I can provide.
Adam

The temp sensor is written/tested to the mentioned API level. I will find my sensor and plug it in then retest install / operation tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi All.

I'm a new Hubitat user and have some issues with BleBox integration (switchBoxD and switchBox light).

After instalation of BleBox integration (from Habitat Package Manager) device is found :

1: false 8ECE4ED838CB 192.168.150.127 My switchBoxDC

but when I try to install it I have 0 devices to add.

Debug log shows :
2022-11-19 08:36:53.396[debug]2.0.0 parseDeviceData: [device:[deviceName:My switchBoxDC, type:switchBox, product:switchBoxDC, hv:s_swBDC.1.2, fv:0.1021, universe:0, apiLevel:20200831, iconSet:0, categories:[3], id:8ece4ed838cb, ip:192.168.150.127, availableFv:null]]

My BleBox SwitchBoxD is :
Hardware version: s_swBDC.1.2
Software version: 0.1021
API level: 20200831

Does anybody have this kind of problems?

Thanks in advance for your support :slight_smile:

Try opening the app again and seeing if the device is discovered. Sometimes the list does not update and a second opening fixes this issue.

If this fails:

Open the app and then select the gear symbol in the upper left corner. In the application states, there should be a devices list. Copy that and paste here as text.

Still no luck.

In Application state I have :
{4A3FDAADA442={ip=192.168.150.126, label=My switchBox LIGHT, type=switchBox, apiLevel=20200831, dni=4A3FDAADA442}}

Same problem is with SwitchBoxDC.

I had to update the driver (due to some changes in the Hubitat base code). Changes are complete and on GitHub.

Link: Sign in to GitHub ยท GitHub

If you use Hubitat Package Manager, simply refresh the Blebox installation.

Thank's.

I have NullPointerException and created PR on your repo.

Now, after @djgutheinz changes BleBox SwitchBox Light works like a charm. Thanks a lot! Great support.

1 Like

Hello,
i have two Blebox tempSensor AC 4-channel temperature sensor,
After installing the multisensor driver and after installing the bleBox Integration user app,
the devices appear in the app in the section Available bleBox Devices on your LAN,
Found Devices (Installed / DNI / IP / Alias):
1: true EA68E7C8610C 192.168.1.88 My tempSensorAC v2
2: true 4A3FDA1E6CCA 192.168.1.89 My tempSensorAC2 v2

In the Dashboard i can select them to create a new box, but these devices have 4 temperatures each one and i can NOT find where they are to select them

What i am doing wrong?
Please help

thanks a lot
i follow the information found in
hubitat-shop.eu
where i bought the sensors.
I'll wait for the driver, it's not urgent
thanks a lot

this is in logs
My tempSensorAC v2 2.0.0 commandParse: cmdResponse = [multiSensor:[sensors:[[type:temperature, id:0, value:2012, trend:2, state:2, elapsedTimeS:-1], [type:temperature, id:1, value:2050, trend:1, state:2, elapsedTimeS:-1], [type:temperature, id:2, value:2012, trend:1, state:2, elapsedTimeS:-1], [type:temperature, id:3, value:2043, trend:1, state:2, elapsedTimeS:-1]]]]
maybe it will help you

1 Like

First, sorry for the delay. I had to do some research. For ease, I will base this on questions that should be yes/no answers.

• Did you install the child device driver (bleBox MSChild temperature on HE Drivers Code page)?
  • On the Device's page itself, did you select "Add New Child sensors" and do a Save Preferences?

Both answers should be yes. If done properly (and if my code is not broken), there will be one parent (the main temperature sensor) and three child devices - each with different device names. You then add them to the dashboard devices and can then create the appropriate boxes.

If this fixes the issue, please tell me. If not, I will work some more.

1 Like

Hello
works perfect
thank you a lot :grinning:

1 Like