Better Laundry Monitor Port & Update

@razorwing Do you have the Homeseer Light Sensor? I just got mine today. It senses when the light first comes on, but doesn’t sense anything after that. I’ve tried changing the options in the driver and it doesn’t affect how it senses. It seems to be working because I can hold it up to ambient light and it beeps and then hide it and it beeps.

The parameters in the driver I think are being sent to the device because I can turn the alarm on and off. But it seems like the parameters for when it detects on and off and whether that light on or light off or not working.

I’ve tried factory resetting the device and that didn’t seem to change anything. Are you using the built-in driver or somebody else’s driver?

The logs only show when I turn the beeper on or off they don’t show anything else. Including when I hold it up to ambient light and the detector beeps, the logs show nothing.

@mike.maxwell I’m using an older platform on my main hub, was there a change in the driver between 2.1.3.125, and the current platform build?

I doubt it, 2.1.3?, that was so yesterday man.
You can always check the release notes...

1 Like

Reluctant to let go of RM3 :confused:

@SmartHomePrimer Yes I have these. I use the Homeseer Flex Sensor Driver. Here is what I have selected for the preferences. Did you Configure. Also make sure you include it with the light sensor already plugged in.

1 Like

Thanks. Same settings except for sensitivity, but I’ve tried all three level. Getting no events other than buzzer disabled in the log is a concern.

I did click configure and did make sure the sensor was plugged in when powering on, and when including. I’ll exclude it again, try another factory reset, join it and then let it sit overnight. Maybe it needs time before it will start reporting? 🤷🏼

Well heck!

I tried joining it to my test hub and it works perfectly. Joined it again to my home hub and it still wouldn't work, unless I refresh both the parent and the child. So I just created a periodic trigger to refresh both every 30 seconds and that works fine.

Are you using a usb power adapter or running on battery?

Also is your main hub have S2 enabled? Another thing I read in the manual is to turn off the power to it and then plug in the light sensor, power back on and include.

USB.

I thought maybe the first adapter I was using was perhaps underpowered, so I plugged in the adapter from a spare Google Mini and it still acted the same. Works fine on my test hub which is running the latest beta build, so I don't think it's a power issue.

Seems like there may have been a driver update somewhere along the line, but I don't know one easy place to find the release notes for every version from 2.1.3.125 to 2.1.6.118 to figure out where a change might have happened. Besides, I don't have access to the last build before RM 3 was retired and I like it. So even if there was a platform build that had the newer driver, but still had RM 3.0, I don't have access to that. I want to keep using RM 3.0 until something more serious than this forces me to abandon it. :wink:

No. S2 is only enabled for Locks and Garage openers. I can try changing the way I include, but I didn't do anything like that with the test hub and it worked there. So I'm not sure that will help. Worth a shot.

TL:DR

You don't lose RM 2, RM 2.5 or RM 3 by moving forward. They all RUN. What you lose is the ability to click New Rule and get a RM3 editor.

If you create the clone master or 6, you can duplicate them forever. Then you get access to the RM3 editor.

Oh.. if you get a new hub, You will not get the original to clone from..

Sort of. I'm not sure now if it was RM 3 or an older rule, but I had a triggered rule that I cloned, and it wasn't possible to change the trigger.

Error 500 and then the rule was ruined. Couldn't open it again.

@SmartHomePrimer

Here are links to the updates. Maybe they will show what you were wondering.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/hub-update-2-1-3/19498/7

https://community.hubitat.com/t/hub-update-2-1-4/21220/9

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-2-1-5-available/23488/6

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-2-1-6-available/25633/5

1 Like

Sounds like a Bug Report. @bravenel has said what I said (better said, of course) many times. He wants it to work.

1 Like

I'll try.

Nope. Updated and it didn't make any difference. Tried a few Z-Wave repairs, but that didn't help. Who knows. Maybe it's too much chatter from my Aeon HEMs which are both reporting every 5 seconds.

The refresh rule works. I'll just keep using that for now and check on it in a few days. Maybe the Z-Wave mesh just needs to calm down. Thank you both for your suggestions.

I've just set my washer up with a new Zooz ZEN15 and now trying to find the most appropriate thresholds for my washer. I thought I had it all figured out, but was twice awakened during the night with Alexa screaming that my washing machine load was done. Sure enough, the ZEN15 had reported a single reading of 16W at one point, and 18W at another. Now, I don't know if that's the ZEN15 giving a couple spurious reports, or if the washer did actually do something briefly that showed usage (it does apparently have a super capacitor in it to keep the cycle progress/indicators correct to ride through a power glitch, so maybe it charges that).

Is the start delay option that was added in response to the above request something I could use to implement "Don't assume start until you've seen elevated power more than x reports"? I would think so, but the logic for getting multiple data points for end cycle is number of reports, whereas the start cycle is time-based. So not sure.

FWIW, here's my current (no pun intended) settings after upping the start wattage threshold. What works for you?

Is there a way to reproduce this using this app? I'm currently using Message Central (which I'd like to uninstall) but I'm not sure I can do this:

Basically, start triggers as soon as it hits 50W. However, stop is if it goes below 5 AND STAYS THERE for 10 minutes. My sensor reports some false zeros. So if it hits < 5 then spikes, ignore it.l I can't use the "Stop after power has been below the threshold for this many sequential reportings" because as soon as my device hits 0 it stops reporting.

Is this possible? I use yours for my Washer and Message Central for my dryer because of this.

@csteele bump. any thoughts?

You're looking for "Cycle Started" options to duplicate the existing "Cycle Ended" options??

Uhh I don't think so? I'm looking to do the following:

Wait for the power reporting to drop below X. Ensure power setting remains below X for Y minutes. If so notify. If anytime before Y minutes the power level rises above X, reset the timer. Basically the power has to hit <= 5W and remain below 5W for 10 minutes.