Better Laundry Monitor Port & Update

It is certainly true that this can be done with RM, but ..

During the course of monitoring wash cycle behavior over nearly a month to get the magic conditions, I liked being able to plug in numbers in boxes in the app. Making that many changes by editing conditionals in RM would have been tedious for me.

Mostly unrelated, but the epitome of a laundry monitor solution would be whichever could set a device preference from within it to be able to change frequency of power reporting from low resolution to high resolution while a cycle is running, and return to low when it completes. I understand it isn't possible to set preferences programmatically.

1 Like

Ive just started playing around with this one - thanks @ChrisUthe

Is it possible to extract the start/end times into a variable, for use on a dashboard?

Hola no me deja actualizar desde HPM, alguna soluciĆ³n??

@csteele

Looking for advice on using the Zooz ZEN15 with Better Laundry Monitor. Any tips on how to maximize accuracy while minimizing log entries from the ZEN15?

I was thinking if I only reported a threshold change of 90% that would to it, as if the washer went from 5 watts to 0 it would trigger a log entry. However, it seems that the percentage is only based on the delta from the prior report. Working just off a decrease in wattage to trigger a log entry is challenging because if you set it something like 10 watts, that happens all the timeā€¦but if you make it higher it wouldnā€™t catch a drop from day 10 watts to zero.

You might struggle to get an answer to your question if it isn't posed in English.

1 Like

He's having trouble getting the update via HPM.

That part is an easy translation, the part where we read his mind to find out WHICH error is a little harder :smiley:

4 Likes

I had one hub that did error out on BLM update (although I didn't try other Apps)...

I deleted HPM and then reinstalled it and did the matchup. Everything was fine after that. :smiley:

I don't like the percent changes, and I have them turned off.

The wattage reports work fine, but you really don't want it set to 10 watts. Mine is set to 50W threshold, I have an old-fashion top loader. The spin cycle is a LOT more than 50, only the fill cycles are less than that on my machine. I would assume a front loader might be a little less than my machine, but 50W still is probably going to work.

The other thing that I found helps is to do an interval reporting. I have my Zen15 set to 2 minute reporting, but 5 or even 10 would probably be fine for this purpose and not bog down the hub. This works good as a "catch" for this app in that you get a power report at most 2 minutes after a cycle ends, no matter what the wattage is.

Regarding the reporting stuff on the Zen15, just don't pick too many things, doing a higher wattage and that 2 minute threshold has no noticeable effect on my hub, or high counts in the App Stats or Device Stats in the logging tab.

So TLDR I would run the machine, and see what your cycles look like and set a Wattage value change that is appropriate, and consider an interval change report.

It won't let me update from HPM, now I don't get any updates, but I see that there is a new version that has a reset button and some other things that I saw, and they don't work for me

I think it costs little to hit the translate button, the same thing I do, anyone can do it

This forum is an English language forum, perhaps you could take your own advice?

Wow, Post getting reported for politely pointing out the obvious! How rude!

Thanks! Adjusting today.

Two other questions if you have a moment:

1. Have you had your washer or dryer trip the "protection" feature of the device? I came to the gas dryer the other day and the switch wasn't providing it power. Hubitat reported the switch as "on"...but as a test I turned the switch on via Hubitat and the dryer then got power.
  2. Related to the above...the switch has a variable that, when set, allows the switch to report when it turns on and off. Have you seen any driver that supports that?

There was a previous post regarding this by @neonturbo . Sounds like you may need to exclude the device and reinclude. Just create a virtual switche to replace the device in your rules prior to excluding so your rules donā€™t break.

you pair the device according to Zooz "securely" you get no reports. That is the 3X button tap method. Funny enough, it didn't show securely paired anywhere in the Zwave settings page, nor in the device setting page.

If you pair by simply plugging it in when doing the inclusion, it reports power fine.

ā€œThat is why the C5 works, and not the C7 when paired the same way. No security on the C5. It clearly said security "NONE" on the Zwave page no matter the way I paired it.

Manual for reference...ā€

getzooz.com

ZOOZ-Z-WAVE-PLUS-POWER-SWITCH-ZEN15-VER2-MANUAL.PDF

1 Like

If you have auto update in HPM set, likely you may be already updated. You can confirm this by going into apps code, clicking on the app, and looking at the top version lines. If it is not, you can hit REPAIR in HPM and it should sync with the latest version.

AquĆ­ mi problema con la nueva versiĆ³n

I repeat my advice:

making special note of:

2 Likes

Uninstall and reinstall HPM

1 Like

@csteele @csteele for those who have the same problem, delete the app, delete the app drivers, download the app from HPM, repair it, and it works for me, thanks for the help, blessings

Howdy all, Iā€™m continuing to love this app and I had an idea to make it even smarter.

Could we please have the option to only send push notifications to people that are ā€œpresentā€?

Eg If Iā€™m at the office, I donā€™t want notifications telling me my wifeā€™s washing has finished and she wonā€™t want the opposite.

PS and only speak via echos if in a specific mode eg home and not night.

3 Likes