Better Laundry Monitor - My Twist

Is it supposed to update the wash done time each time it announces that the wash is done?

Turns out my daughter put them in the wash last night. Then swapped them to the dryer at 6 this morning, but the notification was still going at 930. Using a zooz power meter and a contact sensor.

I have noticed a bug with it that I have not resolved yet were if you open the contact before it sends out a the notification it still send the notification. for now you just need to open it after the announcement is sent.

when I have time I will look into that. It wasn't too much of an issue for me so I wasn't that concerned.

I kinda figured it was something like that. Thanks

Just installed this after finally getting some zigbee outlets w/monitoring and have to say - LOVE IT!!!
WAF is all positive for now. Let's see after a while but super happy - big thanks to author/s and testers

SB

Would it be possible to use this to increment a variable number each time a cycle finishes? I only send 1 notification after each cycle as that is enough :slight_smile:

My aim, if I can work out a way to do it, is...

1. When dryer finished - increment a variable
  2. When variable reaches 30 - send a notification to clean the condenser
  3. Have the variable value on a dashboard in the laundry room

Any help appreciated?

For 1 and 2 yes, you would have to write a rule, but under Choose Additional Devices in the inform page is an option to specify switches to turn on. You need a rule triggered off a virtual switch being turned on to increment the variable. I've not used the rule engine variables much, so others might help you there.
For item 3 Displaying the variable I cannot help you. I use colored lights for a visible display for other rules.

Thank you, I thought I could use the switch in that way but wanted to clarify :slight_smile:

I have achieved my goal for item 3 by having hubitat notify me by pushover when the variable count reaches 30. It'll nag us now to clean out the condenser unit :slight_smile:

Wife really likes the app. Momma is happy. :grinning:

Would it be possible to not send the message the washer is ready unless the dryer is ready also? Many times she has gone downstairs after receiving the message the washer is finished, only to see the dryer is not finished so she canā€™t take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer.

I'd suggest you not use the notification portion of the App and use the Additional Devices portion to set a virtual switch. Then you can use RM to interpret the virtual switches to generate a notification.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 1.50.49 PM

Will check that out. Lots of greek to me but Iā€™m learning.

Create two Virtual Devices and pick a Virtual Switch as the type...

Name them something useful to you.

Then, using the Built-in Notifications app, set up the type of notification you need.

( My example is using 'random' virtual devices I already had created so the names aren't perfect. )