[BETA] Tuya Zigbee Thermostats and TRVs driver

After managing to add all 5 TRV's to Google Home yesterday... unfortunately, 4 TRV's disappeared from Google Home last night, only 1 remained.
I have now updated to latest version, and again I was able to add them to Google Home only after resetting to default values (also in some cases had to run the command to get eco mode).
Would be good to get feedback from other users (bit busy today, so no logs).
Thanks for your support improved drivers

1 Like

We need something to compare with.
Create a virtual thermostat using HE stock virtual driver and add it to Google Home.

You can also create another virtual TRV and assign it the old Tuya Zigbee driver. Will there be a difference regarding the Google Home connection?

1 Like

Done a quick test, HE and wall thermostat driver TRV's get added to Google Home straight away, TRV with new driver does not.

Edit: lost livingroom TRV, not sure if this is due to changes in preferences?

You must manually select 'Virtual thermostat' device profile.

Then it should be reflected in the State Variables section :

Lets use the [BETA] Device Details Display Utility app to compare yours and mine BRT-100 device status - hopefully something will pop up from here ..

This is mine screenshot :

1 Like

Please see below:

Created a virtual thermostat

Selected Virtual thermostat device profile

EDIT:
Physical TRV with virtual profile gets removed from Google Home

As handling many different thermostats and TRVs in one common driver proved to be inefficient and difficult to troubleshoot, the Tuya thermostats and TRVs are now supported in a separate, dedicated driver.

The correct link is :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Zigbee%20TRV/Tuya_Zigbee_Thermostat_lib_included.groovy

I have also updated the information and the links on the top post. The current 'Tuya Zigbee Thermostat' driver version is 3.3.0 (2024-06-07)

2 Likes

Just tried the new driver on one of my TRV's, seems to be all good.

Operating state and current temperature populated after operating the TRV.

Unfortunately, as per posts above, see comments below for Google Home and Alexa:
Google Home - TRV is removed from the list
Alexa - device is still present and seems to get the values i.e. current temp and setpoint but does not open to adjust the setpoint.

Note: these TRV's work fine on Google Home and Alexa using Tuya Wall Thermostat driver.

Alexa

State Variables

• deviceProfile : MOES_BRT-100
  • lastTx : {pingTime=1718475140050, cmdTime=1718475140072}
  • lastThermostatMode : unknown
  • lastRx : {tempTime=1718475295700, checkInTime=1718475140329}
  • lastThermostatOperatingState : unknown
  • stats : {pingsMax=601, rxCtr=137, pingsMin=138, pingsAvg=308, txCtr=89, pingsOK=24, tempCtr=7}
  • driverVersion : 3.3.0 2024/06/08 1:52 PM (TS0601 _TZE200_b6wax7g0) (C-8 Pro 2.3.9.150)
  • health : {checkCtr3=0}
  • states : {isPing=false, isTimeoutCheck=false}
Summary

1 Like

@kkossev,
Just noticed the following in HE Easy Dashboard

1 Like

Thank you for the notification !

I am going to publish the new NAMRON thermostat driver soon, and as it shares the same code, hopefully the reason for the EZ dashboard and for the Google incompatibility will be the same!

Can you post a screenshot of the Current States?

1 Like

Yep, the supported thermostat and fan modes attributes are missing… :thinking:

Can you select ‘ LOAD ALL DEFAULTS’ and click on the Configure button?
Then press F5 to refresh the browser page.

1 Like

Good news, loading defaults seems to have fixed the issue!

I had to re-pair the TRV to get it to read the current temperature.

Only issue now seems to be some sort of delay in Alexa (also a off button), Google seems to be fine now!

1 Like

Dear Krassimir, please can you advice on the following? I am new user with HE and first part of my work is to setup TRVs - to please the family in the winter :-).
I have AVATTO TRV 16 - and I believed these would work just well with your codes. Unfortunately it does not read the current temperature and is missing more functions. I set it to use the MOES BRT100. Any thoughts on this please? Is this something which can be perhaps fixed easily?
Thank you in advance vaclav

Hi Vaclav,

AVATTO TRV16 is control is not in the latest version of this driver, but I have found enough information on GitHub, so I will add it in the next update - wait till the end of this week.

Hi Krassimir,
thx for your quick response, of course I will wait. Good news!
I hope the driver may help also to other folks ... this TRV is recently having very low price tag, looks nice, and is silent.

Can you run some preliminary tests?

Manually update the driver to the dev.branch version '3.3.2' '2024/0716 9:56 PM'
Then select 'LOAD ALL DEFAULTS' from the drop-down menu under the Configure button, and click on the button. Refresh the browser web page and check whether the deviceProfile shows this:

If yes - let me know whether the basic TRV functions are working or not.

We may need several iterations until everything works.

Hi Krassimir,
I dont know how you did it, but it seems OK :slight_smile:
You are real expert (and my hero), thank you.

The State Variables were recognized automatically , I had to load all defaults as you mentioned.

I tried to change temp set points, it all works vice versa. The current temp is also correct. I tried to change other settings too. I can operate temp changes via dashboards well.
One thing I noticed though ... at some point of testing I got Low Battery alarm on both the TRV as well as in the Status. I believe the batteries had some time thus I put new ones. Unfortunatelly the Low Batt remains in the Status, but is gone on TRV. Not sure where does this difference come from ... I even tried to unpair/pair the TRV again.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 200402

I am not worried about the battery alarm though, just found it strange.

Thank you very much, thumbs up :+1: :clap:
vaclav

1 Like

Hi Krassimir,
looking at the TRV this morning, actually it seems also the temperature stays unchanged. It pulls info on scheduled times ... TRV head shows 24 but Status indicates 25. It seems like the Status value stays unchanged from the moment of first innitialization. What can be the reason?
Vaclav

should this help ...