[BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support)

Working fine for me..........

1 Like

Getting any sort of errors in the logs? Or what's the problem? I followed the instructions and got it working without any problems a few weeks ago.

The virtual device is stuck like this:

Current States

• deviceCount : 0
  • state : authenticating

I’ll check the logs. :+1:

I have checked the logs and and cant find anything about the driver at all there so I don’t know actually…

On the parent device, the integration driver, make sure all the settings are filled in, turn on both logging options and save. Hit refresh at the top. Something should be generated in the logs with the logging enabled.

I have this installed and use it to automat my dehumidifier it works pretty good with the odd missed command. I get the occasional warning from my Hubitat hub that these a lot of events this is set at 300/H. Normal I ingor it and that works a treat.
This morning ive had a look at the events and its quite chatty, 30 events in the last 45 mins and the device is turned off? Which seems quite a lot most 0f which are fan speed is low???

Just thought I would see is any one else has noted this???

Could you guide me on the chatter thing, because I think that with my 27 device on tuya it has my hubitat freeze and I need to reboot once or twice a day... if I could remove some of the chatter it might help.

thank you

Curious about this, the backend of Tuya is using a version of MQTT so the events are pushed from their servers to the driver. I wonder what is making Tuya send so many events.

You mention the odd missed command, I wonder if the Wifi connection is connecting/disconnecting and each time it re-connects it sends the current state to Tuya. I've found Tuya devices in general to have terrible Wifi reception with their internal antennas.

That said, I could always add code to ignore events that are not actually changes to state (e.g. if the device is off, ignore the additional off events) if that is what is going on.

Hi, I think you're right about the wifi connections problem.

I think my problems with tuya are 8 bulbs in my sons bedroom that are further from the routers than any other tuya device and were creating over 20000ms in couples of hours each plus the Tuya driver was giving over 15000000 ms in the logs.

So, I disable the driver and created virtual switch to link with Amazon Alexa while I'm waiting for an AP Extender and see if it helps.

Thank You

Hey there, appreciate your good work on this project. I'm having difficulty with it using some Fan controller devices. The Tuya device finds 4 devices (correct number) but only successfully creates 2 component devices, seemingly crashing while creating the first of the Fan devices:

dev:6752022-02-21 12:01:07.965 am errorgroovy.json.JsonException: expecting a ',' or a ']', but got ............................^ on line 1687 (method tuyaGetDeviceSpecificationsResponse) {"range":["cancel","1h","2h""4h","8h"]} index number 28 line number 1 the current character of '"' with an int value of 34 on array index of 3 expecting a ',' or a ']', but got The current character read is '"' with an int value of 34 the current character of '"' with an int value of 34 on array index of 3

Now at first I thought that potentially there was some dodgy json being passed by tuya (dropping the , between "2h","4h" above. And that seems to be confirmed by the debug logging i inserted into the driver. Now my problem is figuring out how to fix it.

[
category: fsd,
functions: [
[
code: fan_countdown_set,
type: Enum,
values: {
"range": [
"cancel",
"1h",
"2h""4h",
"8h"
]
}
],
[
code: fan_mode,
"nature",
"sleep"
]
}
],
[
code: temp_value,
type: Integer,
"unit": "",
"min": 0,
"max": 100,
"scale": 0,
"step": 2
}
],
[
code: bright_value,
}
],
[
code: switch_led,
type: Boolean,

}
],
[
  code: fan_direction,
      "forward",
      "reverse"
    ]
  }
],
[
  code: fan_switch,

}
]

],
[
code: fan_switch,

}
],
[
  code: fan_direction,
      "forward",
      "reverse"
    ]
  }
],
[
  code: switch_led,

}
],
[
  code: bright_value,
  }
],
[
  code: temp_value,
  }
],
[
  code: fan_mode,
      "sleep",
      "nature"
    ]
  }
],
[
  code: fan_countdown_set,
      "cancel",
      "1h",
      "2h",
      "4h",
      "8h"
    ]
  }
]

]
]

Any thoughts? Happy to supply whatever info is needed to help the process?

Wow, good find. Looks like the official Tuya driver doesn't account for dodgy json either. Bad on Tuya for not validating their json before sending it. That said, I wonder if this workaround would fix it for you. Check line 1698 where I try and detect and fix the json problem and then re-parse it. I've a few other ideas if that doesn't work.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bradsjm/hubitat-drivers/development/Tuya/TuyaOpenCloudAPI.groovy

Made it through the tuya cloud setup, added the driver, and authenticated successfully. Ended up with a "generic component switch" for my device, which I assume means it isn't supported? Trying to add an Inkbird ibbq-4t. The device does successfully catch power on/off events, so the integration with the tuya cloud is at least working.

Correct, it isn't currently supported but the good news is it we can probably get it more functional. Please PM me and in the generic component switch device go to the bottom and copy the "data" section which will have JSON lines on category, statusset, functions etc. Once I have that data I can look at support for it :slight_smile:

Your change makes sense to me (I should've tried it myself ;)) I'll try it tonight after work.

Hey unfortunately that doesn't seem to have worked. Best I can tell (with some debug logging) is that it's not getting past the if statement. Whether response.data isn't the correct place to be looking. Or whether the search string isn't write I'm unsure. I tried a few things but couldn't get anything to work.

Nothing is generated in my log.

Nice driver. Can the driver add a siren? Zigbee Siren

Are your results the same? for temperature and humidity

OMG, you just saved my Smart house. I just brought 50 Tuya devices into Hubitat!

3 Likes

Could you let me know if it freeze your hub, cuz with my 27 device hub was freezing 2 or 3 times a day?

Love your work @jonathanb , I've been wanting to run my Tuya Blinds via HE for a very long time - All I need now is a Blind driver. Any chance you could please make one using the Tasmota drivers as the basis?

PS, there's a stack of info over here too:

EDIT: NVM, I found your link to generic drivers which I'll test shortly: