[BETA] Tasmota (Connect) - Pure Tasmota/HE Integration + real-time status (for Sonoff, Tuya, SmartLife & other ESP8266 devices) - ST port

The author of this driver hasn't posted anything since May, it might be worth searching some more in the forum for an answer.

1 Like

@markus I’ll just block both my hub and smart plug and see how it goes

This is local with the Tasmota firmware, since this is in a release thread I will not discuss alternatives, again, search the forum. :wink:

@markus it works even if wan is blocked

Yes, that is not the concern, if you're happy, then use this :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Abhijeet_Ghosh another option for you are these drivers.

@jchurch I tried that... it feels a bit too cumbersome with child devices for even single plugs

That's just the nature of the "generic" drivers working their magic but the most important part is they are well supported. That said if this works for you and your happy then that's what counts :slightly_smiling_face:

@pgux there is a bug in this that any device that is not a generic 1 ch switch will not report data until polled. This does not seem to have any affect from brand. All 1ch plugs and switches work, all dimmers, 2ch plugs, and power meters have this bug. Doesn’t really matter on the specific devices I have, as you can still give the off command even if the device is off and it will work. It would be nice though if this were to work. Two of my 2ch smart plugs are inaccessible so no way to press the button, but the dimmers button is pressed. However, no automations based on if a button is pressed so I am fine. Also the power monitoring doesn’t show a power variable. Again don’t have any automations for the power so no need..just want.

@jchurch this occurs for all devices with your integration. However, the power monitoring does work, but it must be refreshed to work.

PGUX! Thanks for the coding!

Can some help out here?

I have recently acquired a HE Hub and I'm trying to connect all my Tasmota devices (mostly Minis and Basics).

I've added the "User App", but after choosing the device type and typing the name I get this message:

Have you added all the device handlers?

Please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your SmartThings IDE.

2. Under 'My Device Handlers' > click 'Settings' > 'Add new repository' > enter the following

Owner: hongtat, Name: tasmota-connect, Branch: Master

1. Under 'Update from Repo' > click 'tasmota-connect' > Select all files > Tick 'Publish' > then 'Execute Update'

Error message: Device type 'Tasmota Generic Switch' in namespace 'hongtat' not found.

Help? Please?

1 Like

@gusthepenguin I got that error too. It is a namespace error. I just changed the namespace and now it works. I forked hiss repository and edited this. Here it is:

Tasmota Generic Switch cannot be found because it has been renamed to Tasmota Generic Switch Test. Renaming it back works.

Thank you for correcting this! it seems that I uploaded a test file to my github.
Sorry not opening the HE community and check my messages in a while. ST community was always very supportive, but my experience with in HE community has been awful. That is why I am not using this frequently.
I corrected my github project.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello, I have some problems with sonoff tx 3 gang. the 3 gang work well with tasmota, but when I try to configure this in HE only shows 1 gang. Do you know what is the problem?.

@ropalet 3 ganG is supported with a different driver but it doesn’t get push alerts about the state being changed due to the button. Just use TH4E for multi-gang devices.

Thanks @Abhijeet_Ghosh. Can I use the original tasmota firmware or is mandatory to install the fork firmware?

@ropalet You have to use the forked firmware. First use the forked minimal, even if you still have enough space. Then load the main firmware. Then do a reset 5 (must). You don’t need to re-solder, just use the tasmota OTA updates from the web ui.

Excellent @Abhijeet_Ghosh , it works like a charm. I used the original firmware.

If you use the original firmware it won’t sync up when the button is used to control the smart plug. Power usage also won’t sync up unless you hit the refresh button. If you are happy without this, then it’s ok to use the original firmware.

@Abhijeet_Ghosh I have been trying to make a 3 gang switch work as mentioned, making a push-button work instantaneously, without luck.

When you mention that "Just use TH4E for multi-gang devices", you mean that if we use that driver it will work? Can you be more specific? Can you provide a link to such a driver?

I have been using HongTat Tan "test" driver on single switch devices, and it works great, but on multiple gang devices it cannot be used, or I don´t know how to configure it.

Thank you for your help.

I don't understand this. The switch's button should work regardless of hubitat. If you are trying to use a wireless button for soft-3-way or any other button that involves hubitat, I will explain how to get the integration working. You will then be able to create rules that can control the working devices.

To use TH4E, first remove your devices from this integration. Then use the OTA firmware update functionality of the tasmota web ui to get the TH4E minimal fork of tasmota on the device. Do same thing, this time with TH4E full. Finally, run reset 5 and reconfigure the tasmota device. If you don't care about it pushing changes in the state in the switch and are ok with polling the switch for state changes, you don't have to do this, but I recommend doing it.

On the hubitat hub, install the universal TH4E driver and apps. Follow the instructions. I do not recommend using SSDP auto-discovery, just use the manual IP discovery. If you don't use the forked firmware, I doubt SSDP will work. It should auto-detect 3 child devices. If you use the forked firmware, they should receive pushes when the state of any switch changes.

Hope that helps!