v0.1B

• Initial Commit
6 Likes

Tagging @marktheknife

Also @bcopeland - sweet! Nicely done!!

1 Like

:tada: :confetti_ball: Awesome!

Thanks @bcopeland!
Now I just need it to get warmer than 48 degrees here in NYC. In May... :cold_face:

2 Likes

Out here in the west... :hot_face: Wanna trade?

If you have central air and don't rely on stupid :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: window a/c's for cooling your living space, then sure!

Central heat pump. Summer time is just like pandemic time.... stay home.

I'm in a new apartment to me. It has a split AC heat pump. By the model in the unit it does have ir. Is the ztx-120 the only thing needed or do I also need the remote to learn from?

It seems Everytime I want a strange device the driver suddenly appears. Got to love the hubitat communitee

1 Like

If the codes aren't already in the ZXT-120 built-in database, then you will need the remote to learn codes from.

2 Likes

Ok I'll do a little more shopping and research and get one on it's way..

Is the Zxt-600 going to work with this driver also?

I should let @bcopeland answer, but I'm 100% certain it will not. It is a z-wave+ device, whereas the zxt-120 is a z-wave device.

1 Like

You are correct .. I seriously doubt this would work out the box .. I would need to get one of these an write a driver for it..

1 Like

Looks like the zxt-120 is eol and the zxt-600 is the upgraded replacement.

I looked at the Manuals and they are definitely different but the 600 does have a SmartThings integration.

Found a zxt-120 for $45. So I'm ready to be a tester :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok i finally received the correct device :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. They mistakenly sent me a zwave thermostat. And didn't want it back so I'll be playing with that also.

I've paired the device it detects and I see events from the device. Tried setting codes for LG and the buttons in the device DO not produce anything in logs with debug on. Using the current released version of device.

i have also removed the device and paired again same results.

Iā€™m sure, given the age of this device, those codes are probably outdated and you might have to use the learning feature

2 Likes

:roll_eyes::woozy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ordering remote :roll_eyes::grin:

1 Like

@spokra - I think @bcopeland has a point. A couple years ago, I used the ZXT-120 on an LG LW8017ER window unit (going from memory). I had to use learn mode. None of the existing LG codes worked quite right with it.

If you know the model - I might have a spare remote.

1 Like