[BETA] Record Replay Simulator

An app which records the events of chosen switches and replays them in same order.

Usage Example:

1. Enable recording.
  2. Perform your daily life sequence.
  3. Stop recording.
  4. Enable replay, use randomization for reducing predictability.
  5. Use Rule Machine to setup at schedule to trigger replay at intervals while away.
3 Likes

This sounds really interesting - I can come up with several scenarios where I can use this.

I could totally see this for testing my apps as I write them. Super interesting!

Super interesting.
Is this designed with a target 'recording' length in mind?
E.g. a Quick recording or hours, days long, etc.?

It is very basic in the way it works. It stores the on/off event in an array together with the delay since the previous event. I would say the limitation is more in the number of events than in the delay between them.

There is a hard limit in the size of the state. In Smartthings the documentation says:

The contents of State and Atomic State are limited to 100,000 characters when serialized to JSON.

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-developers-guide/state.html
My best guess is it is the same for the HE.

My intention with the app is to be able to record a realistic scenario and let it play over and over again scheduled by a rule in Rule Machine.

Cool, thank you.
I guess I'm strugging with figuring out what specific use-case you built it for (your usecase).
e.g. Are you recording one-off simulations (e.g. bed-time routine) or recording a typical "whole day" you have mimic when on vacation.

Not sure if that made sense or not. I could probably get either to work for me.

It is primarily for simulating someone being home while I am out,
I tried to setup a scenario in [RELEASE] At Home Simulator but it did not work the way I had in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.