[Beta] Quick Chart - Chart your data, quickly and easily

I'm going to apologise for being so thick before I ask this question.
I know the first thread says there is no signup required for quickchart.io, but do I actually need to do anything on this site. I've had a rummage around and can only find 'purchase' signups.

I have gone through the process of installing the app and I'm trying to configure a basic line chart but nothing is working. I'm getting an error when trying to 'make a chart' that is not a hub/app error.
Any guidance for a simpleton like me. :blush:

Not that I can tell. When it was working for me, I hadn't done anything on the quickcharts site. I think it's just in a beta stage, with changes actively taking place, and those sorts of errors will likely resolve in the next iteration. Probably a good idea to post the actual errors in case you're experiencing something that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Phew. That's a good start. Thought I was missing something really obvious.
When I manually trigger a chart, I get this.

With debugging on I get this in the logs.

Summary

Any thoughts anyone.
TIA.

Try losing the # sign in the device name. Very bad idea to use any special characters in a device name.

Thanks

I will try with another device. The # is because the device is 'Hub Meshed'.

EDIT: That has done the trick. :+1:

I'll be very, very excited if this could be used to produce a graph I can view in sharptools.

/ giddy excitement.

Hi Bryan (@bptworld )
I have a chart this is working OK using device events but when I try and use a .txt file that is defined and full of data, it never appears in the dropdown list.
I get the following in the data collector part when clicking on the drop down.

Summary

I get the same when I try to use an existing file.

Summary

This does appear in the logs. Which I'm assuming is when the chart tries to retrieve the data but as I cannot define the file the error makes sense. Just my thinking.
Thanks.

Summary

EDIT: Yes the error is occurring every 5 minutes which is what the refresh rate is set to.

This file was created and populated using the Quick Chart Data Collector child app? If so, show me how you have it set up.

Yes it was.

Summary

Summary

Yup, I've gotten this to work with sharptools. Just use the Custom HTML Tile in Sharptools to display the attribute with the chart.

1 Like

New Bundle...

0.0.9 - 07/21/22 - Changes to Data collection file name selection

1 Like

Seems to work well in the Data Collection child app. Are there similar changes that need to be made to the file name selection in the Quick Chart app?

EDIT: I propagated the same changes to the Quick Chart app and it worked well - Was able to generate a chart from a file in storage. Seems like that's a good fix. Good work.

I'm afraid I still cannot select a file when trying to configure a chart.
I have tried deleting the app/deriver/code and re-installing everything just in case.
In the collector it says a file is being used and it is indeed being generated, as before, but I still cannot select it in the chart section.

From file manager
Logs are showing the same as my previous post.
@JustinL can you select a file from the drop down. I don't see anything showing in your screenshot above.

No, I can't. But I modified the code to be the same as for the data collector, and it worked, so that's all that Bryan needs to do when he gets a chance.

OK Thanks. I was begining to think it was me!!!!! Again!!!!! :blush:

@JustinL and @bobbles

Curious, what version of Hub are you using this on?

Thanks

1 Like

2.3.2.139 on a C3 and a C7

Does the drop down list work on the C7 but not on the C3?

Sorry should have explained better.
It doesn't work on either I'm afraid.
I was originally just using the C3 to play with. When you asked I loaded it on the C7 and defined a new chart just to see if it was an earlier version of hub that was the issue.

1 Like