[BETA] Multi-Place -- Powered by Google Traffic

Really cool app Justin!

Andy

1 Like

Multi-Place is designed to work with the free version of Life360. The app checks to see if the address Life360 reports matches the address input for a place in Multi-Place. This is a feature beta testing will help fine tune though. It hasn’t been tested much yet to see how Life360 address formatting impacts address matching, Beta testing will sort that out and the first release of Multi-Place will indeed support the free version, with tuned address formatting.

1 Like

Bookmarked. I will load it once my house is one color again. Interesting app!
@aaiyar
@stephen_nutt
@LosinIt

2 Likes

Wow, awesome man.
It’s not something I’ll be using but I will be keeping an eye on how this rolls out and gets used etc.

How do I link this app with my Life360 account? Do I need to install the inbuilt Life360 connector application?

Good question. Sorry wasn’t made clearer. I do not believe the inbuilt Life360 app actually exposes any info. The app you need is Life 360 with States:

1 Like

The latest beta just pushed to github improves place matching if you are using Life360 Free. This new version translates the address you enter for a place into geocoordinates and checks whether the position Life360 reports for you falls within a geofence set around the place's geocoordinates. Anyone using Life360 should uninstall and re-install with this latest beta.

How is this app working for you, beta testers? Any bugs or suggestions so far?

FYI With no bugs or other feedback reported as of late, I will prepare this package for release shortly.

I am trying to enter a trip and the field for the times are not large enough to show what was entered in field. If I move my mouse pointer over a blank or click to enter data, all I can see are the up & down arrows.

What browser are you using? If it’s safari, I believe some of those issues are hub wide issues with time input fields.

Google Chrome

I'm not able to re-create this issue in Google Chrome. I have a C5 hub and am running platform version 2.2.3.145. What hub do you have and what platform version are you running? Also, what version of Chrome? Also, it would be a good idea to check to see if any of your other apps exhibit the same behavior, to pinpoint whether it is hub or browser specific vs app-specific.

Excellent work, @JustinL!

1 Like

@JustinL I like the clean look of your tracker tile and would like to include it in my dashboard. I'm running into some setup issues, most likely due to my knowledge. Below is what the tracker tile looks like for me.

I have enabled the API's as you suggested

I don't know enough to tell if that error in the API could be causing it. Any assistance is appreciated.

Edit: Using Life360 from BPTworld, created tracker, defined some places

Please enable debug logging. Then, with live logging open in one browser tab, click Done in the Multi-Place app and send me the resulting log. Also, what type of images are you using for the avatar and the places?

I'm using all default images.

What version of the app are you running?

Downloaded from HPM

@karnik.abhijeet - please manually install the latest version v1.01-beta (not on HPM yet) and provide me any debug output if the problem persists.