[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

What Thermostat and driver are you using? As all the "red" is on the SmartThings side of the rules, my first thought is that the capabilities of your thermostat driver are different from those of the stock EDGE driver upon which I modeled the Replica driver, though it's hard to imagine they could be that different.

Once I know which device/driver you're using, I may have you PM me with the capabilities data from your ST device.

I think I misunderstood the purpose of the driver. I was waiting for the replica driver to replicate Smartthings' own driver and when I saw your driver, I immediately accepted that the purpose of your driver is to deal with the Smartthings appliance. In other words, the driver on the Smartthings side is the one which Smartthings use when adding a Samsung A/C. Does that make sense?

1 Like

Ah, yes, that makes sense. This particular driver is a generic Replica driver for use with a thermostat using a standard SmartThings EDGE driver.

Specific drivers for the Samsung AC and other Samsung appliances will be forthcoming soon from @Bloodtick_Jones. I forgot you were in need of the Samsung-specific driver for the AC.

Quick question...
I have my Arlo cameras linked to Smartthings (don't think there is any direct integration for HE)

I want to:

1. turn the cameras on/off via HE
  2. capture 'motion active' on HE

I can do 1 by creating a replica switch (in HE) using the ST Arlo camera. The replica switch in HE turns the camera on/off in ST. This works.

How do I do 2?

I've tried linking a camera to a replica motion sensor...doesn't detect motion in HE.

Also, I've figured I can't link an ST device to more than one replica driver...so would need a combined driver that has both switch and motion capability. Is this feasible?

I know, as a workaround, could probably achieve this by creating some virtual switches within ST - that switch based on motion (via a routine) and then replicate those switches in HE. As an aside - will the ability to create virtual devices in ST cease when they get rid of the IDE? And is that happening at the end of this year? If so, what happens to my virtual devices I already have in ST?

Am I missing a more straightforward solution?

Hi,

@dsegall posted this driver for Arlo cameras:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dds82/replica/main/replica-arlo-camera.groovy

He did report that SmartThings is not reporting correctly:

3 Likes

First OCF driver for Samsung ACs.

Thanks @amithalp and @hendrec for testing.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bloodtick/Hubitat/main/hubiThingsReplica/devices/replicaSamsungOcfAirCon.groovy

2 Likes

That is a great start. Depending on which camera you have it also can trigger as a siren, or have button press if it is the doorbell.

For users with Arlo you may want to check if Smartthigs is still seeing your cameras properly. I just logged in this morning for the first time in ages and all but one of my cameras weren't showing up properlly. I had to unlink and relink my Arlo account to get them to show up again properly.

@Bloodtick_Jones this is a fantastic job on this man. I had worked out a whole thing with Node-Red to get these updates moved to HE, but this is a much easier option. Fantastic work. I am going to play with this on my Dev hub

3 Likes

When I migrated from ST to HE, I left a GardenSpot RGB string on ST (my memory is a bit foggy but I recall these devices were known to cause problems on the Zigbee mesh). I am using the vanilla Replica dimmer to control it from HE. I'm just getting familiar with HubiThings Replica and don't understand 1) is there an RGB dimmer that would work? 2) is there a process to "build my own" that I should learn?

1 Like

Not at present, although there has been some discussion on the subject. As for building your own driver, we are encouraging community contributions. There is no "how to" guide as yet, but you can look at the code for the Replica Drivers on this page to get an idea on these are built.

In the meantime, is your GardenSpot RGB string on a stock EDGE driver? If so, let me know which one, then go to the Devices page on Hubitat, choose the replica device you created for the string, then scroll down to the data section, where you willl see something like this:

Copy the 'capabilities' portion of the JSON, open a PM to me, and paste it into a code block using this button
Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 11-11-59 BETA HubiThings Replica - ⚙️ Custom Apps and Drivers - Hubitat
and I'll take a closer look at it.

3 Likes

Hi @mavrrick58 ,
As a student of yours for the NodeRed Samsung Studio solution I can tell you that I have tested one of my 6 AC units that was previously using the NodeRed solution and connected it using Replica app, it works for me just great. No need for an additional HW (Raspberry PI) and no manual creation of ST smartapp that I never felt confident with. I hope it will hold all 6 units with no real performance issues.

6 Likes

Me too!

One of the Alpha testers has over 50 smartthings devices authorized within 3 OAuths; plus another Replica and one OAuth running another 10 ST devices and has not reported any performance issues (all on the same HE hub). I assume your ACs are not very event noisy so it should be good -

I did a bunch of work to capture active working data in cache memory to help with performance and rule lookup. The cache does reset with a hub reboot or new Replica application code load.

To note - there is some work todo in the app to handle lifecycle changes (ST device renames, ST device add/deletes) which is very brute force at the moment. Hopefully I can tame that down as the product matures.

Appreciate the nice words. :slight_smile:

Would love that! The application will automatically pick up any DH with 'replica' as the namespace with hopes others could fill in the gaps for all the various devices out there. @bthrock and myself can help with design guidance. There are some tricks to hide commands to not overload the HE device UI that you will see - suggest looking at the Replica Switch for the simple case -- the crazy case is the Replica Samsung OCF AirCon -- and the odd ball is the Replica SmartThings Hub that is designed to drive mode changes per location.

4 Likes

@Bloodtick_Jones
I know this is still in beta but there is probably a pretty good size community that would love to have this available to them easily. Any thoughts on when you would get It added to HPM. Just the streamline way to provide updates may help allot as you move the development forward. What is holding you back. Maybe it is a gap that a community member that is testing can help complete so others can use start to use this tool more.

I really can't express enough how great this work is. Absolutely fantastic

3 Likes

@mavrrick58 it'll be on HPM in a few days, as was mentioned a few posts up, patience is a virtue!

3 Likes

As @Greenwave mentioned we are working towards a HPM 'release' in the next few days. I would like to get the following completed first while in Beta:

• SmartThings Virtual Device creation & lifecycle management in OAuth
  • Component ID (and capability) level support in Replica (Buttons, Samsung big-box devices, etc.)

Both are almost ready for Beta this week. Thanks for the patience.

3 Likes

Hi,
Looks like pretty usefull! I would like to know if it ll still works after ST groovy shutdown? Also, is it webcore compatible? I would like to transfer all my piston and then assign the mirrored devices...

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, It uses the ST cloud APIs that are the go forward solution for integration with ST.

Yes, in the fact that you build representative HE devices on the HE hub that 'replicate' the ST device. The HE webCoRE application then works locally (as it does today on HE).

2 Likes

I am working on Color Bulb Replica Driver. Got it lit and have switch, colorTemp, level commands all working and all attributes working. Trying to troubleshoot why the Capability Color Control commands are not working. It is very tedious.
When done, I should have mono, colorTemp, and color bulb drivers for the replica implementation.

2 Likes

@Bloodtick_Jones Hi Mate,

Any plan to add water sensor replica driver to supported device list?.

Regards,
Sundar

Build a fake Replica Switch against the ST sensor and it will populate the HE Device Handler with various JSON data.

Cut and paste the 'capability' infomation and post and we can build one. When you post to the forum use the preformatted </> text otherwise it will make a mess of the JSON.

The HE Device Handler should look something like this:

I've been working on this as well and also have a working driver, but need to troubleshoot the colorControl with @Bloodtick_Jones, who's been busy getting ready for release. If we figure out anything, or you do first, just post here.

So pleased to see people like yourself building community drivers!! :partying_face:

ETA: Sent you a PM.