[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

I'm curious: How did you find the setup process?

Although I'm not familiar with the Samsung OCF Air Conditioner and there is no specific Replica driver for that device (or thermostats in general) as yet, you can use Hubitat's Virtual Thermostat driver as per the graphic you posted.

The Air Conditioner's capabilities are all available to the app, but for rule creation you'll be limited by what's available in the Hubitat driver. Also, not being a Replica Driver, you will need to create the rules manually. Here, as an example, are the rules I use on my own thermostats.

The possibility of a Replica Driver for the Samsung AC has been discussed, but we'll have to leave that for @Bloodtick_Jones to look at after the holidays.

We do anticipate more drivers being created, with the hope that the community will pitch in. I've tried my hand at one so far, the Replica Motion Sensing Doorbell (for Ring), but the AC is above my pay grade as yet. :smile:

It took me a few tries. For a reason I can not explain, the ST devices took some time and tries to show up. I think the instruction are OK for a n experience user but it might be nice to add some screen shots in the GitHub repository for less experienced users.
All in all this a a job well done. :clap::clap::clap:
As for the virtual driver I am missing, I remember ST used to have a template to make it easier for users to create Device Handlers according to device capabilities. But I am not sure this is within my basic skills.

1 Like

Agreed.

Driver creation is a topic of discussion. What direction it will take, I can't say as yet as that's not up to me.

1 Like

First - great stuff!

I have a working shade (open close), but when I try to set it to 50% the command fails

thoughts?

This is older Somfy zwave RTS gateway on ST. It supports open, close and its one preset/programmed position.

There is debug in the advance section to watch the actual command sending to SmartThings. Turn that on and check to see what is going on. That error is ST not liking the the value getting sent to them. It is really finicky.

I guess also look to see if that command exists in your ST capability itself. The rule just gets jammed in when you build the device, so there might be exceptions that get washed. Look in the configuration section and you can see exactly what the ST device is capable.

"SetShadeLevel" should be in there.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone uncovered this yet, but if you build a "Replica SmartThings Hub" device with your hub(s). You can follow/push ST modes and give you health of the OAauths in an attribute of that location. It was the 'weird' workaround to be able to allow multiple locations in the same Replica App.

I do allow creation and deletion of ST modes since the only way today was from the ST Groovy IDE, which we all know is about to go away.

1 Like

I do have (it did it automatically) the shadeLevel

I guess I need to figure out if ST changed something, they did update my drivers during this process.

The rule list might not be telling the truth. Check the drop down " Then ACTION SmartThings Command:" and ensure the command is listed there. That is your real source of truth of the device capabilities. I pull that from ST directly.

The rule was based upon the shade we worked with during Alpha. And 'could' be incorrect for your device.

So here is what I see.

The ST device does not have setShadeLevel or setPosition, but it does have setLevel

note this is a custom driver in ST, as they have not migrated to their own. It is interesting they marked this driver to run local

The HE replica driver does not seem to have setLevel

I also cannot seem to override the

to force it to use setLevel

thoughts?

wow. they are using switchLevel (like a dimmer) and not the actual shade capability. I am remote at the moment, but given your skill level, take a look at the Replica dimmer and the Shade handler and you should be able to figure out the switchLevel command. this would be really custom.

The only secret is after you modify a Replica driver, you need to hit the config button either in the App config page or the device page itself.

OR
Another way would to delete the command using the 'just the shade' and empty in the action (should allow the rule delete). Then build a new rule using the
Trigger HE attribute: shadeLevel* -> Comand ST Command setLevel

The application really doesn't care what you are doing, so you can get clever with it.

1 Like

So I did option 2, and that worked. no code changes.

3 Likes

I see this a lot in the community drivers. The Sonos community driver does the same.

1 Like

Does anyone have plans to make a thermostat driver? A thermostat driver is desperately needed.

1 Like

At present, you can choose Hubitat's Virtual Thermostat from the dropdown under "Create HubiThings Device."
Select the driver here:

Then click on
hub2

and finally

You can then manually create rules one at a time consistent with your specific needs, as in this example:

If you need help setting rules or or there are capabilities missing from the Hubitat Driver that your SmartThings thermostat supports, follow up here and I can give you advice on how to proceed.

Edited to correct order of images.

2 Likes

I had similar results.

After installing the main app, installing and configuring the OAuth child app and selecting devices to replicate, nothing showed up in the drop-down.

I figured I either overloaded the SmartThings API and was on timeout or it was simply PEBKAC.

Came back a couple hours later and the list was populated.
I only added lights and temperature/humidity sensors.

Lights were added fine, but my temperature/humidty sensors are only showing humidity in the device area (but I do have temperature reporting and humidity reporting preferences showing up after changing the device type to Generic Zigbeee Temperature/Humidity sensor).
When placed on a dashboard, it simply displays unknown instead of temp or humidity.

1 Like

Thanks for noting this. We are currently testing updated code to resolve this. It should be posted shortly.

What device driver did you use initially? The replicaMultipurpose sensor does not currently include humidity capability, but perhaps this could be added or another driver created. I will have to check.

Edit: See this post for a link to a driver that should work. If it does, you can ignore the rest of this post.

My suggestion as a workaround for now is to create two HubiThings devices for your sensor, one using Hubitat's virtual temperature sensor, and one using Hubitat's virtual humidity sensor. After you've created the first one, you will need to click this button so that the app will allow you to create a second HubiThings for your ST sensor. :

button

You will also need to create the rules manually, but those should be easy since only one parameter is being passed from ST→HE for each HubiThings device. As an example,

Setting the rule:

Complete rule

You would do something similar for the humidity sensor.

Let me know this helps or you need more assistance.

1 Like

Beta Code Release 1.2.05 posted.

• Fixes for OAuth not displaying devices as reported by @bradford.clarke

• Updates to show when devices are missing rules as requested by @alwas

• Updates to help with default rules (that are generic) but not supported by actual ST device as reported by @nh.schottfam. The rule will be displayed in red; but is harmless and ignored by Replica.

• Do not display the 'config' button when rules are present when using the native Replca device handler. Only when no rules are configured enables display. This is to prevent the user from blowing away any custom rules without first clearing the rules.

How to update:
Load HubiThings Replica first:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bloodtick/Hubitat/main/hubiThingsReplica/hubiThingsReplica.groovy

Load HubiThings OAuth next:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bloodtick/Hubitat/main/hubiThingsReplica/hubiThingsOauth.groovy

We are starting to work on a user install and configuration guide.

5 Likes

I've posted a Replica Temp/Humidity Sensor driver. LMK if this doesn't work for your particular sensor.

3 Likes

I'll test it out when i get home from visiting.

1 Like

Followed the steps and install went smoothly.

How do we setup contact sensors?

Currently have 5 contact sensors which are not easy to access