[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

Guessing it's no longer there because it was causing issues, but IIRC you can add it back in as a Custom Repository.

That was my way of subtly trying to ask about removing Mirco's repo from my HPM setup, which was throwing errors during the automatic update check. Turns out I just needed to remove the drivers from HPM's list, which I thought I had done.... perhaps not. Now I just see 500 errors for Bryan's Google Calendar driver, weird. From memory this one was a Github issue...

2 Likes

How does one install this?
I've been using Hubitat for a few months, would love to expand with more packages, but I've never seen instructions!

The HPM app itself can be installed like any user-developed app. See the hub documentation page on installing custom code:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Install_Custom_Apps

It's my first time installing a package obviously. Thanks for the link to the documentation. That answers what to do on the Hubitat side; but not on the source side.

I found a link to GitHub in the first post.
Q1. The doc says to copy the source; there are many files listed. Which one do I copy/paste?
Q2. On the side bar it shows version 1.1.0 as the latest, but from one of the drop-down list there is a version 1.7.0. Which one is actually the latest?

Thanks for your help.

Copy the source using the raw option

Fabulous. That did it; it's installed.

Interestingly, that's version 1.8.2 .

1 Like

@stephane
I believe 1.8.2 is the latest version but you can go into HPM and click on update.
Or go into repair and do a repair of HPM. It will then download the latest version.

1 Like

And what leads you to believe that’s not the latest version of HPM? I agree completely with @bobbles. And it is the latest version. It’s very stable.

2 Likes

On the GitHub page mentioned in the first post, it shows v1.1.0 as the latest stable and v1.7.0-dev as the latest.

@dman2306 can answer this with more authority than me, but in terms of the information used by HPM, the package manifest is the file where the version is indicated, both for HPM itself and for packages we each make available through HPM. In the package manifest for HPM it currently indicates version 1.8.2. I can only imagine the release section on the github repository may have been an early look at using that feature of GitHub, but may not have continued to use it...?

I made a change to my repository and changed the main .json file from lgksendmailv2.json to v3. but it is not picking it up.. is there a wait time for this .. thanks

Looks like you responded to a post by @dan3, though I expect @dman2306 will see any post here, but just in case, thought I'd make mention of @dman2306 in case...

And I would have thought the timing would have been relatively quick...

2 Likes

i think i know the problem.. i just copied the repository and changed the files it holds but didnt create a new id.. let me try again.

no that wont work i dont want a new file.. i want it to update the old one.. in the repository to have the two new drivers and remove the old one.. hmmm

I changed this

{
"id": "305a4180-c9e0-4951-bf40-fc9a7be8caf6",
"name": "Hubitat Native SendMail implementation",
"category": "Notifications",
"location": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lgkahn/hubitat/master/LGKSendMailV2.json",
"description": "Sendmail implemented natively in Hubitat, with or without authentication, uses internal telnet",
"tags": [
"Tools & Utilities",
"Notificati

to this in my repository file

{
"id": "305a4180-c9e0-4951-bf40-fc9a7be8caf6",
"name": "Hubitat Native SendMail implementation",
"category": "Notifications",
"location": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lgkahn/hubitat/master/LGKSendMailV3.json",
"description": "Sendmail implemented natively in Hubitat, with or without authentication, uses internal telnet",
"tags": [
"Tools & Utilities",
"Notificati

which now points to the new file

which does have new ids for the elements,,, should work,, both repair and search is still pulling up the old contents.

Sounds like fun....

Probably worth providing a few details of the drivers / files involved...

Not suggesting I can help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you change the version as part of the change?

Minor [read: miniscule] bug report (at least my interpretation!) -
Using View Apps and Drivers - the sort order is case sensitive - this causes a couple of drivers to display at the end of the listing - Case In Point - gCalendar.

Feature Request :
If the View Apps and Drivers split the listing into Apps, then Drivers it would be easier for me to snip the returned page response to compare to my drivers listing. I get a lot of mileage from HPM and appreciate it very much.
Shu

I don't think that will work. Unfortunately, one of the early design decisions I made that I regret now is using the URL as the key that identifies the package when it is installed.

1 Like