[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

I am not new to Webcore on Hubitat, but the Package Manager is a new one for me. I just installed it and entered my correct info during the app setup and now am getting this error upon running the app: (I enabled the OAuth):

Error logging in to hub

An error occurred logging into the hub. Please verify your Hub Security username and password.

Do you have your hub set up to use login security?

Yes.

Is webcore on HPM? I'm having a hard time finding it.

I couldn't find it by keyword but somehow I found it via tag. Thanks!

It's there something wrong with search? I can't find any of the packages I've been looking for in the last few days using search. Listing by tag worked but search did not. A known issue?

Hello,
I've just installed the PM and gone into the settings. I turned on Notify me. and I get what's in the included image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjzqbivqvef8nd3/PM%20Settings.jpg?dl=0

I then clicked on the "Devices to Notify*" button which did nothing. I then clicked "Update" which also did nothing.

Then I clicked Next and got "Please complete the required fields (ones with a *)"

There is obviously something that I do not understand.
Can anyone please enlighten me on why this doesn't work?

Thank you

That means you don't have any devices that support notification. Have you install the Hubitat app and set up your phone?

2 Likes

no
Thanks
Now I understand

It's just another mind-reading exercise :slight_smile:

Should be working now.

Request.
Can we get the info logs turned off like the debug?
2021-04-09 08:42:59.643 infoUpgrading Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches
app:2232021-04-09 08:42:59.304 infoDownloading Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches
app:2232021-04-09 08:42:50.653 infoChecking for updates for webCoRE
etc.

1 Like

It was suggested I post this here - I posted this in a different forum thinking it was the right place... sorry bout that! I posted:

Did a search and don't see any other post about this - I've recently enabled Hubitat Package Manager to do automatic updates. (about 2 weeks ago I believe). Since then I've had some problems and want to try to isolate -
Would it be possible to add another button in the HPM to 'show history'? It doesn't seem possible to use the system logs/event logs to see what has updated and when.
thanks!
Shu

Debug logging is turned on by default I think. Maybe not though. I have it turned on in mine and I don't remember turning it on. So I think it was that way by default, but again I could have forgotten.

I went and looked at the logs from this morning, I have my update time set to 6:00 am. In my case it showed a list of every package I am currently using and it checked for an update. I believe if there was an update to any of the packages it would have listed it there. I don't have auto update turned on though, it just notifies me.

Log sizes are limited so depending on how much logging you have going on you might have to look right after the update check is ran

Worked beautifully, thanks!

1 Like

Seeing the below errors in logs tonight when I try to run update and HPM totally hangs.

Ideas? @dman2306 @thomas.c.howard

Can I assume that you tried this more than once, in view of the “temporary name resolution failure”?

Generally when one of my packages generates that error it’s because I fat fingered an entry in the manifest...

2 Likes

It now works this morning. Perhaps it was just a temporary issue. Anyway, maybe an error that HPM could handle better if you have time to address.

Can anyone help with the initial steps of getting the Hubitat Package Manager installed? I found the files on github, but what do I do with them? I assume that this is a very simple task and am maybe just overlooking it.