[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

On your hub, use the drop-down menu, choose Apps code. Add app, click import, paste this link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/apps/Package_Manager.groovy

Click save. Then go to the apps page, add app, scroll down to the bottom where the user apps are, choose Hubitat Package Manager.

Once it is installed, choose Match on the main page. HPM will match which of your apps & drivers it knows about.

Full details here:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Install_Custom_Apps

1 Like

Perfect, appreciate the help here. Looking forward to using the app.

1 Like

Updated to latest version and I see this in the log:

Not really an HPM error, but The OpenWeatherMap manifest has an error that is preventing it from completing. As soon as the manifest is fixed everything will flow through. @Matthew

@thebearmay

You are using the outdated driver/manifest. The correct driver/manifest is called "OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver" (it does not have "NWS" in the name). You should uninstall the outdated driver and install the current driver. More detailed instruction on how to change from the old to the new in HPM are below:

SPECIAL NOTE IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM A VERSION PRIOR TO V0.3.2:
(not required if you have version V.0.3.2 or higher already installed or you are doing a first time install)

The suggested updated method with HPM is to do a new install with the new driver (without the 'NWS' in the filename. Once installed, go to your virtual device and update the driver to use the new driver. You can use HPM to delete the old driver as follows: Do an 'Uninstall. If there are two drivers listed with the same name, click on the first "OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver". The app asked if I wanted to delete "OpenWeatherMap- NWS -Alerts Weather Driver". Should you pick the wrong one (the one WITHOUT 'NWS' in the name), cancel and retry with the other selection. (Thanks @arnb for those details).

If you do not use HPM then since the filename and the directory name has changed you will need to copy the code and paste it over your current driver. (You cannot use the ImportURL for this this one time because the name and location has changed). Once installed, go to your virtual device and check/update the driver to make sure it is using the new driver.

That is the driver I am using:

It is version 0.5.2 dated 1/26/2021. Maybe there is a newer one?

I see what it was the NWS driver was still installed but not in use. I uninstalled it.

The error message you posted from HPM indicates you have the old driver installed. Follow the istructions above to uninstall that old driver (with 'NWS' in the name) in the HPM app

EDIT: To be clear you may have the latest driver installed too, but in HPM you have the old driver installed there. You need to get HPM to uninstall the old driver (even if you are not really uising it)
so that it stops checking it. Until you do that those HPM errors will continue because it is checking the old manifest that is no longer functional.

Ya I had both installed. But the old one is gone now. Thanks.

1 Like

For anyone having issues with Match Up in the last few days, I just published 1.8.2 which corrects the issue.

8 Likes

I just gave it a shot.. I have been having the issue with the Hubigraph app specifically.. HPM keeps thinking the version installed is 0.0 and the current is 4.90 which is what is actually installed.. I have applied your update and have done another "Match Up", then update, which shows Hubigraph current version 0.0, then "upgraded" to 4.90 and currently it appears HPM is behaving itself. I'll check on it in a few days and report back.. Thanks for your work on fixing this little bug..

Hello,

I'm getting some errors while trying to load HPM. This isn't my first time loading this so I'm familiar with how this is supposed to work but it looks like the problem isn't on my end?

The error says your dns for GitHub is failing

1 Like

OMG Thank you!

Hi, is it possible to delete apps from hubitat package manager but not from hubitat, to deselect from auto-updating? Thank you

There may be a different way to do this, but the way I’ve accomplished that in the past is by removing and reinstalling HPM. When you reinstall, you have to rematch, then just don’t select the app you wanted to remove.

1 Like

Thank you that sounds like a good idea, will try it out.

You can set the package to be excluded from auto update in the settings.

2 Likes

Doesn't work if they are in use, I would have needed to disable all my automations, or rules or devices, which is more work. The uninstalling, reinstalling then match the devices again in HPM, deselect the one I don't want it updated took less than 1 minute.

The problem is with KASA devices, which polls every 10 seconds, the KASA app gets updated but the KASA drivers can't update which then doesn't work with the updated kasa app and starts messing with all the devices and automations, because it gives wrong readings. But it is fixed now, thank you very much.

Might be worth posting on the thread for the drivers, Dave might be able to take a look at how the drivers behave and try and stop updates from messing with your setup. Still a reasonable and worthwhile question to ask about stopping the updates, that is useful to know / work through, but I also think it may be worth looking at the drivers as well to see if they can be fixed in any way.

I'm assuming you are referring to the need to go into the app and go through the exercise of "discovering devices" to make the driver update stick?