[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

T-

Thanks for the reply, and if it has not been said enough - Thank You for Package Manager. I do not know what we did before you gave us that GREAT product.
What I was trying to do was to match up my different programs that I installed before Package Manager. The interesting thing was that it kept telling me to update PM and Hubigraph, but both were the latest versions. It seemed like it crashed when trying to match them up, so I repaired them. Now seems like it works fine. Mark it up to my install of Hubitat, which crashed hard a couple of weeks ago and i had to restore from a backup.

Cool, I'm glad it is working for you. Just a quick note: I'm only an HPM enthusiast. You can thank @dman2306 for creating and maintaining it!

Hi when i try to uupdate I get this

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bptworld/Hubitat/master/Apps/Device%20Check%20Plus/DCP-child.groovy.

any ideas

Try doing a repair on that package.

Thanks solved

1 Like

@dman2306 i seem to have mullered up my setup. i tried adding in a custom package and it came up null. now i can't get into the app to delete it. Any ideas how to fix?

just constantly loads when you click setting.

If you want to remove and reinstall HPM you should be able to hit the gear at the top of the HPM page and scroll to the bottom to remove it.

ideally don't want to do that as it handles a lot of apps and drivers. It i delete it, it's likely going to muller them up too.

Could you provide logs?

I wish i could. But there are none as can't get to the settings, only this when i do a update.

match up ran as well.

It's basically install, uninstall and settings that i can't get too. obviously due to that null

Does this package take up much resources?
Thanks.

Hmm I really don't know why that would prevent you from getting to the settings screen. I'm afraid I'm not sure. You could try modifying:

def logDebug(msg) {
if (settings?.debugOutput != false) {
	log.debug msg
}
}

to

def logDebug(msg) {
        log.debug msg
}

to force debug logging to be on.

I'm afraid I don't really know how to answer that question. I have done no analysis on resource consumption by this app. That said, I can tell you it doesn't do very much in the background (essentially nothing if you turn off auto update) so how much resources it uses really depends on how frequently you open the app and run various actions. I'm not sure if that actually answers your question though?

1 Like

It normally doesn't even show up in my hub stats. It is fairly intensive if you are doing a matchup, or for the couple seconds a day it checks for updates, but otherwise it just sits there doing nothing.

2 Likes

@dman2306
Feature Request: Minimize / configure the package/repo refresh interval.

Going to the main menu, then install, update, etc causes a full refresh from each repo and if one doesn't respond, etc it delays the UI. I'd only like to refresh the package list perhaps once an hour. This will help out with just searching and trying different apps and such without waiting on the repo list to update with each attempt. The side effect of this is if I am working with a developer to troubleshoot something and they are rapidly releasing versions (hopefully we are working in a different repo, but still), then that update will be delayed by this repo refresh delay.

An alternative would be (if possible) to implement a faster timeout (and maybe retry) for repos not responding.

Notice there is a 4 minute delay between refreshing LGKApps and MFornander. That's a serious UI delay. It's not the fault of either of these repos as the result is random, they are just the examples in the screenshot.

Here's the issue that I see when I try to go to the Main Menu then Install, or Update, etc...

unfortunately this is all it gets when it hangs.

refresh is open the app then the 2nd is when i go too setting. I then exited the app as hung. went back in and clicked install, then back to menu and clicked uninstall and it hug. is there a way to manually edit the app states.

just need to clear the custom Repositories

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TonyFleisher/tonyfleisher-hubitat/beta/Apps/mesh-details/packageManifest.json={author=Tony Fleisher, packageName=Hubitat Z-Wave Mesh Details, version=0.1.13-beta, communityLink=https://community.hubitat.com/t/beta-a-z-wave-mesh-tool-c7-and-2-2-4-only/57054, beta=false, gitHubUrl=https://github.com/TonyFleisher, apps=[{alternateNames=[{namespace=tfleisher, name=Hubitat-Mesh-Details}], name=Hubitat Z-Wave Mesh Details, namespace=tfleisher, heID=2343, location=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TonyFleisher/tonyfleisher-hubitat/beta/Apps/mesh-details/mesh-details.groovy, id=24761796-feab-41aa-8161-c53fc33eb452, oauth=true, required=true, betaLocation=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TonyFleisher/tonyfleisher-hubitat/beta/Apps/mesh-details/mesh-details.groovy, beta=false, primary=true}]},

I had the same issue where I was trying to add the zwave mapper tool as a custom repository and tried to use the link under “install from URL” and it came up null and I couldn’t get back into HPM.

It was early yesterday morning and I check and the auto backup was sitting there from 2:15am so I restored than added it in the correct spot.

1 Like

Yes this is what I did :rofl:.

Duuuuw :man_facepalming:t3: of course I can do this! So obvious I didn't think of it :rofl::+1:

1 Like

Once i finally figured out how to get Package Manager installed and running, I realized how wonderful it is!
@dman2306 - you're the best!

6 Likes

I am new to Hubitat. When I try to launch Hubitat Package Manager I get the following error code "Error logging in to hub ---- An error occurred logging into the hub. Please verify your Hub Security username and password.
I am using the C7 hub with platform version 2.2.4.153. So far I have 81 devices connected, along with 30+ rules and 10 apps installed but I can not get Hubitat Package Manager to run properly. The error occurs once I select NEXT right after Match Installed Apps and Drivers . Since I installed this hub two weeks ago I could never get the HPM to work. Any ideas would be appreciated.