[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

same here,

Since the upgrade to 2.2.0.130 i get this message Unexpected Error
and nothing in logs

manually updated to 1.4.3, all ok

1 Like

I just installed this app. All I can say is why did I wait so long! After setting up a 2nd hub to run all the custom apps I want, without bogging down my devices hub, this will help a ton.

Holy game changer, Batman!

THANK YOU!!!

9 Likes

@dman2306 When releasing my Xiaomi/Aqara drivers I had to re-organize where the manifests are located. The new path is in the repository.json file (which is still in the same location). If this is an issue I could leave a copy of the manifest in the old location, but would prefer to not do so if there is a choice?

Anyone try this against the latest HE push of 2.2.0.131? After the fun having to reinstall HPM after yesterday's update, I did the HPM update before HE. The HPM update has been running for about 10 minutes now, still saying "Installing updates... Please wait..."

From the logs:

app:162020-05-21 21:29:00.166 infoUpgrading Hubitat Package Manager

app:162020-05-21 21:28:59.768 infoDownloading Hubitat Package Manager

app:162020-05-21 21:28:37.980 infoChecking for updates for Inovelli Drivers (Gen 2)

app:162020-05-21 21:28:37.608 infoChecking for updates for Ecobee Suite

app:162020-05-21 21:28:37.316 infoChecking for updates for Z-Wave Association Tool

app:162020-05-21 21:28:36.988 infoChecking for updates for Hubitat Package Manager

app:162020-05-21 21:28:36.669 infoChecking for updates for AlarmDecoder Integration

Guess I'm staying at HE 2.2.0.131 for now, until the dust settles with all of these updates.....

FWIW, I refreshed the HPM update web page after 15 minutes, and HPM showed that it was now 1.4.3 and not the previous 1.4.2.

I'm going to hold off on HE 2.2.0.131 for now, assuming that the HE doesn't automatically install it overnight.....

Nope, hubitat only installs firmware updates when you tell it to. You can even downgrade firmware versions if you end up updating and it breaks something.

6 Likes

I'd need something to build to support that scenario. The Manifest file is basically what identifies the package so right now there is no way to move it somewhere else easily. I can come up with a solution to that, but it doesn't exist right now.

I upgraded to 131 and did not have any issues. I'll see if I can find anything.

1 Like

You know your app is good when ppl won’t upgrade the platform because of concerns your app won’t work for them anymore. :wink:

7 Likes

Lol. Thanks... Yeah I still really don't know what/why it broke yesterday. Chuck sent me a PM and told me exactly what to change, so they clearly knew (I assume it was the security issue in the release notes but just guessing?). I'm guessing it must have been important, but yeah it definitely caused some havoc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They probably should have put a quick note in the release notes that it would break XYZ or for devs to contact the staff about a potential issue...

My gut says they didn't know it would break stuff until it broke stuff. Then once it broke one app, they knew exactly what to tell me to fix mine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, I think it will be more than once this is needed. I will revert my change for now. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I have reverted the path change. The repository.json file now points to the old manifest and the old manifest is back. The new manifest location has a copy of the manifest in case that is needed. Both locations will be automatically updated.

Not a complaint, just FYI - getting the following error/log (and Tile Master 2 not upgrading)

If you go to the Tile Master thread, you will see that this is being worked on. In short, it was the HE upgrade (.130) that broke Tile Master and not an issue with HPM at all.

Remember, with 21 devs and 127 packages (WOW!) it's always a good idea to check with the rogue app/driver thread before bringing the issue here. I bet most of the time, you'll find the issue is with the app that you are trying to update (in this case, mine) and not HPM. Just food for thought! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, should have added I was not sure which way to go with it. Now I do, appreciated.

seemed to be a bunch of that, no worries. great job to all

1 Like

@dman2306 looks like in the new version, when you click update, it kicks up back to main menu while it's checking for updates.

Edit: same thing when you click match up

I couldn't sleep and woke up at 4am today... I think I came up with a solution, just need to build it (will also handle the beta thing you and I discussed if I'm right)

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

This is great news, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Invoking HPM

Nothing in logs. Running 2.2.0.131 HE FW