[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

I just tried installing HPM on my secondary hub and am getting this error message when trying to save:
"Importing [groovy.json.internal.LazyMap] is not allowed"

I tried to go into the app code on my primary and hit save and get the same message.

I did just update to the latest firmware so maybe that broke it?

Yeah, i just updated to 2.2.0.130 and i'm getting an error as well:

(i'm not getting anything in the logs though)

Looks like a problem similar to the webCoRE one I reported earlier. (I'm getting an identical scenario on HPM).
I'm guessing it was to do with the security fix they deployed but that's just a guess on my part.
@bravenel. Could this be the same issue as was seen with webCoRE?

Hmm I haven't updated my hub yet. I'll wait to see what @bravenel says. I do have a few LazyMaps in the code (happy to change them to whatever they should be if LazyMap is no longer allowed?)

Hubitat Package Explorer is also suffering from the same scenario.

I just committed a fix for the issue in 1.4.2 with some help from @chuck.schwer. Because of the issue being a change in HE, you MIGHT need to install 1.4.2 manually, I'm not entirely sure. You can feel free to try the auto update and if it fails, copy the groovy file in manually. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Manual download does the trick @dman2306

3 Likes

If people upgrade HPM before HE they should be good to go.

4 Likes

Update Manually? Uhhh, that is so 2019 :laughing:

That did the trick...thanks!

5 Likes

Hey @dman2306, there are so many packages in HPM now and so much dev activity in HE that I was curious if I might suggest a setting for HPM for updates to check every “x” hours? I would probably set it to 4 or 6 myself. What do you think?

The HPM Update hangs at the NOAH Weather Alerts Update check......something may be wrong.....

Yeah, already investigating.

I had the "hang" with Aaron's NOAA Weather Alerts too.

I did a repair of that package, and it seems to have resolved the hang. Not sure if I just got lucky, or what?

Hi @dman2306

Since the upgrade to 2.2.0.130 i get this message Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

When I hit logs, nothing shows up for Package Manager

I'll wrap into a single post for both issues:

The issue with HE 2.2.0.130 is fixed in HPM 1.4.2 and above. I don't know exactly what/why (I assume it was the "Security Update" they mentioned) but it removed access to something I was using and I had to make a slight change to make it work. Unfortunately, that means you have to manually update HPM though because HE won't let it work anymore.

I JUST published 1.4.3 which fixes the issue with NOAA and also will prevent such issues from causing problems in the future. In the future if an update fails it will just fail that one update and move on, not stop the whole process. The joys of beta software :slight_smile:

A fun note about HPM, I really had no idea whether or not anyone would use this or if I was just building something for a bit of fun/boredom. Turns out people liked it. In hindsight, I need to add better error handling which wasn't something I invested time in when I wasn't sure if this would ever get used... so I'll be doing that.

To summarize, depending on what situation of "stuck" you're in you may need to manually update HPM to get past the sticking point. Bugs like these are why I still haven't said "it's out of beta"!

9 Likes

Just did an update check, and HPM did update to the latest version without having to manually update.

I have also set the NOAA weather alerts mainfeatpackage back to what it was to enable everyone to update HPM.

I am seeing this is the logs

So the good news there is it means the code that says "log it and move on" works. The bad news is it looks like @markus has something to check in a manifest

@dman2306

I had to upgrade manualy but now it works !

Thank-you for this software, This is a major upgrade/add-on to Hubitat, having all (participating apps) updated in one shot is incredible and improves the Hubitat experience.

3 Likes