[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

Still investigating a couple bugs before I mark this stable, but a quick release of 1.4.1 with two bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug that would prevent auto updates from working if HPM hadn't been launched since an HE reboot
  • Release notes and licenses are now formatted correctly to fit on the screen for mobile devices
  • Also a note that @bcopeland's packages are now available

Known issues:

• Sometimes a new repository being added doesn't automatically show up as enabled
6 Likes

As a highly technical person who is in a crunch to migrate off of Wink, I wanted to express my kudos for this brilliant HPM app! It has saved me days if not weeks of digging through GitHub and this forum looking for community-developed integrations, and I plan to leverage it as much as possible to maintain my new HE hub going forward.

Every ecosystem needs a simple-to-use package manager, and HPM hits it out of the proverbial park for those of us migrating to the Hubitat platform. Awesome job!!!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! This is what happens when a developer is bored and unemployed :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I'm new to HE after a couple of years with wink. So this seems like an incredibly stupid question: I have installed Package manager (i.e. it now appears on the apps code list but nowhere else). How do I "open it" in order to configure, use it to install other apps, etc? Thanks.

See the section on loading apps here: How to Install Custom Apps - Hubitat Documentation

2 Likes

@merv

#1. Click on Apps.
#2. Click on Add User App.
#3. Click on the app you want to add, "Hubitat Package Manager".

2 Likes

Finally got around to trying this out, and it is freakin' amazing. Really nice work, @dman2306! Thanks for yet another great contribution to the community!!

4 Likes

Thank you for getting me started here. Appreciate the assistance.

2 Likes

@dman2306 just had a pop up that the packages have been updated automatically :grinning::+1: sooo good!

One thing I think is missing though from that pop up is what packages? I think it would be useful to know what ones updated, just incase you need to go in and run though the app.

4 Likes

I love that idea, but there are length limitations on push notifications. iOS can only show about 110 characters. I'm not sure what Android's limitation is. I can add them to the notification, but odds are they'll be hidden under a ...

As a note the logs will indicate what was updated.

1 Like

That's fine by me, maybe a middle pop up of updating X and Y or maybe a pop up per, updating X updating Y updating Z. It's Very unlikely that everyone updates there devices on the same day so it would likely just be the one extra.

1 Like

PushOver limitations per message is 1023 characters. I will PM you with code I use to account for this to see if something of interest.

1 Like

@dman2306 thanks so much for creating this App. It was great that I was able to update my Bond and Ecobee drivers and app with one click. Hopefully @nate will update the Konnected drivers and Apps to take advantage of your package manager solution.

2 Likes

Yea.. I was wondering about that
Fck.. Ok.. I’ll update the names

Are you referring to this error, like I'm getting when matching up packages?

2020-05-17 08:43:58.358 am [warn] (http://192.168.1.20/installedapp/configure/257)Found a bad manifest https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bptworld/Hubitat/master/Apps/Snapshot/packageManifest.json

No because that is @bptworld's app. It looks like a bad manifest:

There is a comma missing there that bptworld will need to fix.

Oops. Too many Bryans!

1 Like

Thanks, fixed

3 Likes

@nate I asked Konnected if they could create a manifest for Hubitat Package Manager via the chat feature on the community site and they said they'd send it to the integration team. This would greatly simplify the installation of Konnected's App and many drivers for new users, and simplify updates if they are ever necessary.

3 Likes

Saw that. I will take a look.
I'm going to be updating the Konnected App/Drivers pretty soon for the upcoming Alarm Panel Pro, so if it's not a lot of extra work I'll try to roll this in.

8 Likes

A cool note, as of this morning, there are now over 100 packages (102 to be exact!) available through HPM! Thank you to everyone for your support!

15 Likes