Best Zigbee Smart Plugs

Correct. I have unreliable power reporting for 8 of these. 6 on HE, 2 on Almond. All have been upgraded to the latest firmware.

1 Like

Now that my mesh has settled after pulling the plug on the peanuts, my router table appears to be static. No more of the changes every time I refresh the page. I didn't think anything of it in the past, but I have always seen that (continuously changing router table) behavior ever since I first moved to HE and found that page.

1 Like

THanks to you and @Ryan780 for the heads up!

2 Likes

It's @Ryan780 that put the nail in the peanut coffin. I hadn't realized what was going on there, I was just very suspicious of them, but holding out hope that I was wrong. 6 of them gone, and everything has been working without a hiccup. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

How do I test the Zwave function on these 3210-L plugs that I have

There's a driver that you can load.

Once you change the driver to this, make sure you hit configure. You can then test the device and also have it periodically check as well.

3 Likes

I tried this driver... couldn't get it to work.

I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the help!

So received my batch of 3210-L's from EBay. Paired them and swapped out the peanut plugs (sigh).

The getChildAndRouteInfo listing seems more stable - things aren't moving around as much as I refresh it. I still have one peanut plug remaining on the edge that appears to hop to different routers from time to time but all the others seem to remain where they are.

Also activated the ZW+ repeaters - have been monitoring the logs and everything seems okay. Devices are responding to queries etc.

Thank you again @Ryan780 for pointing out the drivers.. nice!!

2 Likes

It took a couple days for my mesh to stabilize after removing 6 Peanuts, but it’s not changing at all now when I refresh the table. I didn’t have to add any repeaters and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I posted the following on the other topic about the zigbee router table. I have seen some very interesting changes in my Zigbee mesh since removing my one Peanut plug. I can say this, they're off my recommended products list for good now.

1 Like

That is a great thread - somewhat over my head at times but interesting and informative.

I just swapped out 3 peanut plugs and I have another one that's outdoors which will be replaced soon. Also have another batch of 3210-L's on the way.

I'm thinking my foray into all things peanut has come to an end. Guess I could always pair them with the Fake Almond I set up originally to update the firmware..

2 Likes

I figured I would put them on my SmartThings hub next Christmas for decorations. Hopefully they won’t create problems with my virtual mesh.

3 Likes

Those things are so convenient and cheap... I keep buying them up on ebay, while they are still around... Can’t beat a zigbee/z-wave repeater in one... Wish someone else would start manufacturing something similar

1 Like

So I purchased the iris plugs to replace out my peanut plugs.

Sure enough the routing table is changing every 2-5 mins...

I assume with only having 4 repeaters in the house things shouldn’t change that often ??

You are correct sir. Without the peanuts I am not seeing any changes in the routes. It took a couple days to calm down though. I think this behavior is what was knocking my Lightify switches off the network before, and making pairing difficult with some devices.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

Lol anyone want to buy 4 peanut plugs. :slight_smile:

Should of added.

Do we think the peanut plugs could be the cause of hub slow downs???

It seems unlikely, but I have seen an overall decrease in device lag in Hub Watchdog since removing them. When I had one of my peanuts in Hub Watchdog to monitor its performance its run time would go from 250ms all the way to over 5 seconds. No other devices have had any noticeable lag in my setup, but they didn’t seem to be repeating for anything.

1 Like

You’re thinking they weren’t acting as repeaters?

I’m certain my 4 are since all my zigbee drops stopped since I installed them months ago.

The only reason I considered pulling them is because of this thread, and the constant route changes. To me that sounds kind of like a firmware bug of some sort.

I had updated them to the latest firmware and they still exhibited this behavior. I know they has acted as repeaters in the past, but I had removed them due to being suspicious of them dropping some of my sleepy devices. I haven’t had any issues since removing them.