Best Zigbee Smart Plugs

Since they are ON/OFF only, do they "click" when operated?

Thanks
John

Yes. You can hear the relay.

1 Like

I like the Centralite Minis

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFPYV4K/

3 Likes

They're good too...but they're twice the price and don't have the z-wave repeater.

Yeah, but they don't block the other half of a duplex receptacle ...or look like crap.

1 Like

Edit: There are a host of reasons people have pointed out on why NOT to use Peanuts. Turns out that can wreck havoc on your zigbee network in some cases. I'd suggest going for something else, I'm starting to replace mine with the ST outlet which I'm liking, and still have 1 peanut running that seems fine.

Many people in the community highly recommended the peanuts Zigbee outlets, I bought two of these and love them so far as just dumb outlets I can turn off and on.

With newer firmware they can do power reporting, but I don't have the hardward to upgrade them and the ones I recently got have older hardward.

1 Like

I have recently discovered that mine was causing issues in my zigbee network and have since removed it. While watching the router table, I saw the Peanut jump through 4 other router every couple of minutes. I don't know why this was occurring as everything had been static on my network for some time. But it was definitely causing other devices to occasionally have increased latency. So, I've taken the Peanut off my recommendation list.

3 Likes

Last week I bought 4 Innr zigbee Smart Plugs and 8 IKEA Tradfry Plug. Both easy pair and control from HE. The Inner plug is small , good quality, have on/off switch. The IKEA plug look bulky, cheaper, no on/off switch. Both are zigbee repeater functions.

Huh, good to know. Do you have a new fav?

Awesome, thank you.

Like I said, the Iris is still my fav.

how do you view/acces the router table?

The Innr smart plugs you linked are ZLL-Devices (at least the EU version)... it's not a good idea to pair those direct with Hubitat. They mess with your mesh like Hue bulbes would.

1 Like

Argh that is a bummer - have a bunch of peanut plugs with upgraded firmware in service. Have not noticed any issues but have not been looking all that hard. I do have a shipment of those Iris's on the way.

http://HubIP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

1 Like

thanks for that, are there a list of these diagnostic aids?
Im having z-wave issues as well,
i have 2 dimmers which are intmitantly NOT reporting on/off states, they report power and dim value consistently but not on/off (some times does real quick) sometime not at all, hitting refresh does update the current state

one is zigbee dimmer aurora running Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver

other is qubino mini dimmer running Quibino dimmer modal frive
and now a fibro motion sensor only sending motion commands (no temp/lux/battery)

I would suggest you open up a new thread for all these issues. But, a little advice, I would do some investigation on my own here on the forum to see how to fix these issues. A lot of these questions have been asked by folks before. A quick search on your device's name will probably help you find the right answer pretty quickly.

1 Like

A quick question about the Iris Plugs (I think I already know the answer) even if the Z-wave repeater is wonky the zigbee repeater bit is still decent right?

For my main floor hub the 2 Iris plugs I have deployed I suspect are the old firmware but am not using the Z-Wave repeater function - everything seems okay on my main floor hub including the ZW mesh.

Would hate not to use them as they seem quite powerful relative to other repeaters.

As far as the TRÅDFRI goes - I had 2 of 4 die on me within a few months of ownership. Could just have been dumb luck of course..

Yes

1 Like

I have six Peanuts that I removed from the network and my problems stopped. I originally bought them when I had a lot of the older Sylvania (Osram version) lights and they didn't seem to make a bit of difference in the frequency of devices dropping off the network. I started adding Samsung (as much as I hate Samsung) and Sylvania plugs and saw improvement in responsiveness and reliability with each plug I added. Just from the getChildAndRouteinfo table I see the new Samsung plugs repeat for up to 8 devices (at least what is listed on the table at the same time) and the Sylvania plugs repeat for up to 5. I haven't tried to do this since updating the firmware on the Peanuts, but I could get them to drop off the network just by switching them on and off rapidly from the dashboard. I would also have to rejoin one or two of them on a weekly basis; not the kind of reliability you want from a repeater. I'm pretty sure they are also the reason my Lightify 4-button controllers would not stay connected in areas of the house that had peanuts for repeaters. I now have all of the end devices on their own HE with all of my Samsung and Sylvania plugs (plus a few GE in wall dimmers) and have not had a single issue in over a month. I primarily did this to see if the Lightify 4-button controllers would work properly on another hub; one free from lights and peanut plugs. I have 9 of them that I bought when they were $8 each so it was worth the investment in another hub and they have worked flawlessly ever since.
I rejoined the Peanuts to my "lights" hub after updating their firmware, and am still undecided as to their usefulness. I have not seen a perceptible difference since adding them back, but Hub Watchdog (virtual switch) has been consistently slower ever since with no other changes except for the latest update. They may end up back in the drawer until next Christmas.
BTW the Sylvania plugs are on sale on Amazon 4 for $51

3 Likes

Well, thanks to Ryan's post, I'm now headed down the router table rabbithole. I have one Peanut (probably old firmware) on the network and confirm that it is jumping through other routers every few minutes. I'm guessing this is due to the concentratorType being Low Ram

A search turn up this;
"A low ram concentrator will receive route record messages every time a device wishes to send to it."

The Peanut is something of a favorite '2nd tier' device around here, but this makes me uneasy enough that I agree it shouldn't be a Best Zigbee plug.

2 Likes