Best Zemismart flavor?

I'm a new Hubitat user... over here from the Smart Things world (since the very beginning... and I've got close to 10 different locations w/hubs!). I'm loving the cloud-independence here.

I need to automate some roller shades. I'm thinking the Zemismart units are the winner but I'm curious what everyone thinks about the Wifi vs the Zigbee versions. If I understand correctly both can be technically "tuya" out of the box, but the Wifi version requires flashing to get HE compatible where the Zigbee units are essentially plug-n-play (subject to the right handlers/apps here in HE).

Hi @mexpsdw, and welcome to the community!

I would recommend the Zigbee version. They pair out of the box and work great! I just received one recently and it was pretty easy to setup. The following thread has some drivers that work:

1 Like

Zigbee every time.

Noted! I'll give them a try!

1 Like

Another vote to Zigbee. By the way, I use a Zemismart Zemismart Zigbee 3.0 roller shade motor with built in battery, and it is awesome: fast, silent and don't need an outlet. I received mine in December, and it is working daily since then with the first battery charge! To charge it is very simple: just connect the adapter to a normal cell charger.

A friend adapted the SmartThings DHT to Hubitat, and it is working perfectly. Go ahead, it is a great buy!

1 Like