Best TV for HE elevation?

Cool. I got it to open and play the stream in vlc on a motion event, but vlc does not go fullscreen and does not auto close after 30 seconds. Is there another arguement i need in there? I tried --fullscreen with no luck.

Replace your script with this one:

import subprocess
import os
import time
p = subprocess.Popen(["C:/Program Files (x86)/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe", "rtsp://username:password@192.168.86.128:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0"])
time.sleep(30)
p.kill()

1 Like

Thanks. That works perfectly to shut it down after 30 seconds, but still not fullscreen. Not a big issue for me though. The auto close was important.

Are you running your Blue Iris as a sevice? I found that i had to shut the service off to get this alert to fire.

I am running BI as a service so the script should work. Do you have the alway run as windows admin option in BI enabled?

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 3.28.17 PM

To get VLC to open full screen right click on the screen while the app is open and make sure the following options are enabled.

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 3.18.29 PM

1 Like

Yes I have it checked to run as a system admin. I can reliably get the python file to run when i turn the service off, and it stops working when i turn the service back on. Maybe it is a directory problem when running as an admin versus as a user. I'm looking into it further.

1 Like

@jessie.slimer Have you looked at the Remotec ZTX-600? It works very well.. Pair it on usb power and it also acts as a repeater. Hubitat native driver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.