Best place to find (legacy/retired) h/a. Harmony hub extender

Well I need/want a harmony hub extender. While looking on eBay I see they are extremely over priced. So just for giggles i searched old wink stuff and the same. I came to the conclusion eBay just gouges on h.a. Anywhere else you suggest I look for the extender?

Here' ya go...

WHAT! :astonished:

I’ve found msrp and will probably pay that, but $90 seems crazy expensive for a discontinued hub

You didn't specify a price.... :slight_smile:

Just curious... what is the use-case for this Harmony hub z-wave extender?

I use harmony remotes and I’d like the home control buttons to control some devices

Yea, I figured $90 was normal

Gotcha. Thanks.

You could use HubConnect with SmartThings to mirror a few Hubitat devices to ST (no hub required.). Then use the ST to Logitech Harmony Hub integration to map those “ST” devices to your remote control.

This is a zero cost solution! :wink:

4 Likes

@frmWink2Hubitat

If you decide not to go with @ogiewon's suggestion, here's another - use Pico remotes, zigbee remotes or zwave remotes paired to HE to use as button controllers for your zwave devices - works great, and you can still use your devices in Hubitat automations (much as you can with @ogiewon's suggestion too).

Hmmmm....thx

You sir, just saved me $100. Thank you

4 Likes

Just wondering have you personally tried it? How’s it work? If not , I’ll tell you

I have not tried it myself, but many others have. I’d like to hear how it goes for you.

Will report back tonight

1 Like

Sorry, I’m slow. Will my devices go through the cloud or local

Cloud, but free!!!!

Just read, I need 2 hubitat hubs or a st hub

You need a ST hub to create a ST account. But you don't need to have the ST hub connected and running to use the ST cloud as @ogiewon suggested.

So I need a nub, temporarily?