Best option for long RGBW Led Strip?

Hi! I have a huge mirror (10ft L x 5ft H) an I would like to put a led strip in the back of it.
I have from my previous home and smart setup (previously under ST) the AEOTEC Led Strip, but they are 16ft long and I need something around 30ft.

Whhat would be the best option? Is it possible to add another led strip to the aeotec? Or should I buy a new strip that long? If I need to buy one, its better to buy a generic non smart and add a controller?

Thanks!

It is unlikely you will find a 30ft one. Even sets that are 32ft are typically 2 of the 5m (16ft) strips (which, if you look at them are usually multiple smaller strips soldered together).

Can the AEOTEC have a second strip added to it? From what I could see checking their site it is not really designed for it.

As an alternative, my recommendation would be to look for a controller (a Zen31 for example) and then connect 2 strips, 1 going each direction, leading away from it. Just make sure your power supply can handle the amount because comparable 16ft RGBW strips (with 80 LEDs/m, so 400 LEDs each) could use up to 16A if they were ALL on full brightness. That is pretty unlikely (and very bright for an edge light like this) but even halving it is an 8A power supply.

I put up a 26ft individually-addressable LED strip behind my home theater screen and used a 5v/10amp power supply. It's about 250 LEDs. The strip was originally 2-16ft strips and I didn't notice any dimming or LEDs turning red at end of strip with full brightness white set. If red, that would indicate a significant voltage drop.

I did voltage injection anyway just in case. I use a NodeMCU with WLED software on it to control the LEDs. There is a community WLED integration.

Don't know the best option however you should check with Aeotec about additional length. Their statement Maximum Length of LED Strip: 10m

I guess it depends on how serious you want to get into it lol. It would probably need power injection if it’s on 5V with 4 connections and you want it perfect.

I just gave my couch under glow with WLED on an ESP8266. I put 7 water proof connections and had to power inject in the middle and at the ends. I have 233 LED requesting 13A on a 20A ps. I’ll probably downgrade the ps on my next round of purchasing because it’s a little big.

It’s easy to interface with and pairs with Alexa. The most trouble I had was with my firewall settings because I’m running VLANS on UniFi and I have no idea what I’m doing lmao. I’m still trying to figure out custom controls with Alexa but all around it’s legit.

I bought the SK6812/30 1M strips from BTF Lighting for $8 each right here. They’re coming from China so it takes a bit, it was worth it for me because I bought a lot lol.

The Hookup on YouTube has the best videos explaining everything if you’re looking for a phenomenal teacher.