Best Local Cam with RTSP

I purchased two RING cameras a while back for monitoring two interior spaces in my home. As time has passed; features have been removed and added to the premium version. They have tried numerous times to get me to subscribe to the monthly service. Then I started thinking, these cameras feed into some remote server (who knows where); and I can't even use the most basic features.

So, what are people using for local RTSP camera viewing of their "fun" rooms in their homes? Does Blink have RTSP?

I don't need super-duper, high performance, 27,864P video.
Just something where I can feed the RTSP directly into Hubitat, and watch real-time from a dashboard.

P.S.
I use Reolink for my outdoor system. It is nice, and I do like it.
However, it also does not support RTSP, but I can feed it into a Hubitat dashboard image tile with a refresh rate of 1 second. While this is not perfect; it is acceptable.

What else is out there?

Foscam all day every day

1 Like

Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Security-Surveillance-Detection-360°Viewing/dp/B07RW78FTH?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

That's one type, go to foscam.com to get a breakdown on all their cams

1 Like

Just snagged one off Amazon.
Will be here tomorrow.
I'll let you know what I think after I get her installed.

Any particular app or anything?
Or just a url to paste into hubitat dashboard tile?

"Husband, Father, Sociopath"...
You guys crack me up!!

Hubitat doesn't support rtsp but will support stream. I integrate all my cameras into Hubitat via Camect.

Well, that escalated quickly.... $519?!!
I think I'll wait for the camera and see what I can do with just that, first.. lol.
Admittedly, that camect looks freaking bad-■■■!

For dashboard integration you want the format like this

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=username&pwd=password

Refresh interval is 1

1 Like

Got it.
Very similar to what I do with my exterior reolinks.
Thank you.

if you ever have time - check out IPCamtalk. a quick search of 'doorbell rtsp' bring up a number of discussions. As a general solution, I ran Blue Iris as a server to give me the control I wanted - events, remote/local, generic interface, recording etc and rtsp is a byproduct for all cameras since it's BI you talk to, not direct to camera. it also allowed all cameras to show on my Echo Shows (which can be a PITA) via a supported proxy.
I especially loved having virtual cameras! Off-topic, I know but displaying embedded webpages was awesome.

I use a reolink POE doorbell, I love it. Works great with Camect... Dumps straight to the NAS for 2 mos worth of footage per cam. Honestly the Camect AI cannot be beat.

A sample

If you happen to have an old Android device, you may wish to consider TinyCam Pro - which has the ability to serve up Reolink doorbell video.

What reolink cameras do you have? I have seven of them and all of them support RTSP, but you need to enable it (either in the App or the web interface). They may even be on by default... not gonna reset a camera to check. Here are the urls.

If you don't want to invest in a Camect, you can use a Raspberry Pi or something to run go2rtc to covert those streams into something that Hubitat can use.