Best Finds During Prime Day

I grabbed a lightning deal for 2 Ecolink motion sensors for $25 each and a Deal of the Day on a pair of TP-Link Kasa smart plugs (the HS103) for $21. Looking forward to using them for some LED rope lighting.

Also grabbed 2 10TB WD Reds for the NAS for $215 each.

There were some other random deals that were great, but I didn't need. Was really tempted by the 4k Fire Stick + echo dot for $23, but I'm just not an Alexa guy. Already swimming in Google minis, Chromecast Ultras, and plenty of Rokus.

NOT a prime day deal , but I'm having great success with the new sylvania zigbee bulbs. New SOC in the bulbs, both BR30 & A19, as well as the Gardenspot lights. Franko Lighting on amazon has the BR30 for about 11 bucks, full color bulbs(i paid 9 bucks 2 months ago) also sold on fleabay.
The new FCCID = DZO-Aether indicates the new chipset inside and I have xiaomi devices connected thru them no issues. Did my first test on smartthings, 5 weeks xiaomi water sensor thru A19 bulb, still going strong. On hubitat added Sylvania bulbs to my existing mesh without issue.
Got 8 full color track light fixture/bulbs, 6 BR30's and 4 A19's and I'm very happy.
Check out the BR30 LQI. Somehow all my tradfri stuff(plugs,repeater)are junk, outside of the bulbs.

Personally, I will not be buying any more of the Sylvania A19 RGBWs. I have 6 currently to send back under warranty because the bulbs burned out (became extremely dim like a nightlight at their brightest, or randomly started flickering after warming up). I have already had 8 replaced under warranty during the first 6 months of use. I would recommend the Sylvania RGBW RT6 lights without reservation over the BR30s. They have deeper more accurate colors, and none have quit working, or given me any other problems and they realistically go down to 1900K. They have been selling for $11 each which is a steal.

Is that a map of your zigbee/zwave mesh? What program is that?

BEST FINDS DURING PRIME DAY

:point_up_2:t2: Stay..on..target :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@evan.durgin
He is using an Xbee

But the path is too narrow young padawan.

2 Likes

Anyone still using Fire Tablets as a controller of sorts? I still need to set mine up, but I might want a couple more. Not sure if going with the new Walmart Onn tablets would be better (they are pure android)

Got me a show 5. 25% off and 25 trade in credit from my gen 1 preorder echo. That and one of the sengled led strips. 55 dollars. Not too bad.

I am using the fire 8hd for a dashboard with a wireless dock and like the form and price but it gets very laggy and I have to reboot and clear the cache afew times a week which is annoying.
I also have a year old samsung tablet with no lag issues.
I really wanted to like them but no I would not buy another fire tablet again.
I am going to try the new show 5 though abit small for dashboards but mainly for my ring dooorbell.

I too just cashed in on the Prime Trade-In 25% off deal to upgrade a DOT to an Echo Show 5.

1 Like

I bought about 15 hue white bulbs at Home Depot last week for about $6 each. The added benefit of being on the Hue hub for cool automations only supported by that ecosystem.

The Axis gear window blind controller is on sale today on Amazon.ca
Cheapest price I have seen it in Canada $249.00 canadian. Oh plus Canadian tax (gst) so $261 canadian.
I bought one on sale direct from Axis afew days ago ($174 us) and got hammered on shipping and conversion ($270 canadian) oh well not terrible

1 Like

Just bought 2 of the Yale Assure locks for $153 each and Ring pro with a free echo dot for $154 which is $95 off.
Also bought an echo show 5 for $50 which is a steal.

I bought a couple of these in the UK..

£30 off! :slight_smile:

The Lenovo tablet with dock on treasure truck today would be a good interface.

Have you received it? And even if you have, there’s still time for the courier to hit you up for import and handling charges. Just received a $35 CAD bill from FedEx weeks after they delivered an item I didn’t ask to be sent FedEx. Product was $35 US, Shipping was $20 US. Dropped at my door with no signature and now they want me to pay extra, three weeks after they deliver without the right of refusal :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I got one of those bills from ups last month sent to me via regular mail canada post. Similar thing $20 charge for a $35 item. I just tossed it no proof I recieved it.
Will see if I get charged on this. Lots of times there is nothing.

Picked up the Google Home Hub for $60, couldn't pass up on the price.

Hue E27 colour bulbs on for $30 CAD (lightening deal)

E12 colour are $35 CAD (that’s a more rare to find discount)