Best alkaline batteries for locks

I've had success with the Amazon Basics brand. They're cheaper than named brand, generally. Apparently they're manufactured in Japan. Never had one leak from disuse.

1 Like

Well - I'd advise against the Kirkland ones from Costco. Definitely has those leak.

I have incredible luck with Li-ion batteries shaped like AA. These are not your normal lithium AA (LiFeS2), but rather the kind that go in our phones, tablets, and computers. You just charge them up and they go forever and when they finally reach too low you just charge them again.

This is the specs of what I used

• Voltage:1.5V
  • Rated Capacity:1500mAh
1 Like

I've been using Eveready now for about 6 months. Eveready lithiums battery in my Door locks with no problem Kwikset locks though.

1 Like

That sounds great but I'm wondering why it hasn't been taken a step further being so close to the doorbell that's hardwired. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin:

I have tried this recently and so far almost 6 months, no issues. Tenavolt rechargeable AA lithium
On my account says clip for 20% off(prime) so like 25.00USD for 4 AA's and the charger
https://www.amazon.com/TENAVOLTS-Batteries-Lithium-Rechargeable-Constant/dp/B08DJ73BGS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=tenavolts&qid=1613941171&sr=8-3

Oh and I love this guy, not quite a scientist, but close

2 Likes

Temperatures may matter? Just outside our front door it's below freezing sometimes for months, has been known to be below 0F for a week or more at a time. (Don't have an electric lock, for this among many other reasons, so I can't report what performance we get in this environment.)

1 Like

I’m in Toronto where it’s regularly sub zero for months at a time. Batteries in the locks are inside and don’t wear out any faster than in the Summer in my experience.

Right now, they last and last because we rarely go anywhere. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, my front door opens mostly to bring in packages from Amazon these days!

[ETA: Lately, those packages mostly contain Zwave devices :slight_smile:.]

2 Likes