Bed Warmer Automation

For anyone else who might be looking to automate their bed warmer, I thought I would share my latest blog post. Soldering skills and a Shelly 1 are all you need!

6 Likes

That’s good stuff and a great way to deal with bed warmers with digital controls.

I specifically looked for one with analog controls so I could use a smart plug. That works well.

Biddeford Blankets Polyester Electric Heated Mattress Pad with Analog Controller, King, White on Amazon is the one I have.

2 Likes

I specifically looked for one with analog controls so I could use a smart plug.

Good point. I'll keep that in mind for when my current unit gives up the ghost.

And where were you a couple months ago when I was shopping for a heated mattress pad?! :wink: Didn't think about the fact that the digital controls weren't controllable out of the box.

3 Likes

The Beautyrest - Cotton Blend Heated Mattress Pad Twin XL Size – Secure Comfort Technology – Luxury Quilted Electric Mattress Pad with Deep Pocket - White - 5-Setting Heat Controller - 5 Years Warranty from Amazon powers on to the last heated setting when you change the settings from below. I use it with a Zooz Z-Wave power ZEN15 and a Simple Automation to turn on at 7pm and off 10 hours later!

8 Likes

So you're trying to make me feel bad too!? :wink: Damn...I really didn't research this purchase very well, I usually do a much better job of seeking out stuff that plays nicely w/automation. :frowning:

3 Likes

Warming is great, though is there anything similar but for cooling? I got too tired from mine. I'm fine with it, but I really need something automated.