Battery reporting 200% (Linkind devices)

Mike,

So my MS100 sensors are good now, but the Sonoff after I re-paired and ran configure on it dropped down to 7% where it sat all night. This morning it's back up to 200%. :person_shrugging:

Well, when I pressed Configure and then hit the button, they did light up the red LED and make me think they were doing something. But the update has not taken effect as they only sent 1 battery value. I'll try resetting and re-pairing them.

1 Like

I installed four of the Linkink water leak sensors several days ago and all reported battery for a day or two, then stopped. I updated to .116 during that time, so it sounds like I have the issue being discussed here.

As these sensors are located in the nether regions of my crawl space that are difficult to access, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require physical access to the device. Are you saying that switching to standard driver (which I supposed is generic Zigbee water leak) fixed it for you without touching the device?

Yes, but I was writing about my Linkind Contact sensors.

I also have 3 Linkind water sensors on the standard ZigBee moisture driver with temperature disabled that continue reporting battery % with no issue on 2.3.4

1 Like

I changed the driver to Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (and disabled temp) on one of the Linkind leak sensors and it reported battery again a few hours later. It had been silent since .116 was installed (which happened 2022-12-02 02:15:46.272 PM EST). This was without touching the device itself.

1 Like

Those refresh (and configure) commands are likely futile with a sleepy zigbee device, unless you somehow manage to catch the device during some other reporting event.

When I switched my Linkind Contacts to the standard driver they took 3 to 12 hours before reporting battery %.

Pleased you have that water sensor reporting battery % again.

I am seeing this on the same driver, Hub FW 2.3.4.117, using Third Reality contact sensors. They are brand new and came with firmware 18 which I upgraded both of them to v31 right away.

This is over the course of a couple of days, some days it logs 100% other days 200%

@mike.maxwell if this is of any use, pressing refresh and configure got these debug logs.
I am not yet a ZigBee expert but it looks like it is reporting it two different ways. Attribute 21 is reporting C8 (200) and attribute 20 is reporting 20 (32 in decimal, perhaps 3.2 volts)?

I think I saw another old thread once with similar issues another TR device, not sure if it was ever sorted out.

UPDATE: I went to check the device data and most of the info was missing from the Basement contact (it was there when I first paired it). I just tried resetting and re-pairing it twice as well, it is still not populating. Not sure if this means anything?

Basement (originally just endpoint was there until I pressed firmware update button):

Closet:

1 Like

I've tried that. It doesn't seem to have gotten them back to the behavior since 2.3.4.116 (as I mentioned above at Battery reporting 200% (Linkind devices) - #53 by jlv).

I've tried hitting configure while waking up the device; it's LED blinks red and it sends a single battery value, but no more. On 2.3.4.115 and earlier, it would send a battery value every 16 hours (and I used this to let Device Activity Check know the device was alive).

I've tried resetting and re-pairing them; that also didn't get them to restore the prior behavior.

if you are using the (no-temp) driver, switch to the standard version with temperature disabled. It may take up to 16 hours to see a battery report.

All my Linkind devices, contacts and water sensors, are reporting using their standard respective driver. No other actions, configure, reset, or re-pair, were required.

BTW I am currently on 2.3.4.117

2 Likes

Same here. Thanks for posting this as I hadn’t been paying attention and mine hadn’t reported since 11/29 or 11/30. Now they are reporting normally.

1 Like

I meant to mention that I have one of the sensors doing that and it is also not reporting. But I didn't reset and re-pair that sensor, so I'll try that now.

It seems several of us have confirmed this and this solution doesn't require physical access to the device.

@mike.maxwell Is there any functional difference between using Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp) and Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor with temp disabled? I would assume that those drivers are virtually identical except for temp handling. Odd that Linkind devices behave differently between the two.

it isn't really the no temp driver can report battery using volts or percentage, the other driver is voltage only, linkind can report both.

no

1 Like

I just tried changing the driver for 2 of my Linkind Water Leak Detectors to the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor and then re-pairing them. They never get picked up by ZIgbee pairing. If I set the driver back to Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp) and then start pairing, they get picked up immediately.

If I just change the driver to Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor and then press the button and hit configure, my device doesn't seem to talk to the hub. E.g., if I wet the contacts, the sensor physically beeps but the device on Hubitat doesn't see this.

I surely must be doing something wrong... but I haven't figured out what it is.

I don't know what I was doing wrong a week ago, but I tried again 3 days ago I tried again and it all worked correctly.

That is, for each of my 8 Linkind water sensors, I changed it to the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor driver, pressed Configure, hit the button on the sensor to have it wake up and pick up the config (the red LED blinks). After doing that they started reporting battery every 16 hours again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.