Battery report inconsistency

I found this to be the case with many devices especially Centralite (manufacturer for Iris and SmartThings) water sensors. Mine stayed on 0% for months:

I haven’t used the device activity check app mentioned above but do something similar via NodeRed pushing event data to a MariaDB database on my NAS. Then I have a query every 12 hours letting me know if a device hasn’t updated in that time period. This has worked well for me to track certain devices as well as trend how long batteries are lasting.

There is nothing reliable about battery reporting. As far as the keyfob, if you watch the Zigbee logs, you'll see the keyfob sending thousands of messages, literally non-stop-or at least I did. I don't think the keyfob is intialized correctly or isn't getting a required response. This is even with the presence feature turned off..

There is nothing reliable about battery reporting. As far as the keyfob, if you watch the Zigbee logs, you'll see the keyfob sending hundreds of messages, literally non-stop-or at least I did. I don't think the keyfob is intialized correctly or isn't getting a required response. This is even with the presence feature turned off