Battery powered Cabinet lights

Hello all,

I'm still pretty new to hubitat and the smart home scene so I'm looking for a little help. I'm trying to see if anyone can recommend some battery powered lights that I can set up in a kitchen cabinet/under shelves that I can automate with a contact sensor of the door.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m familiar with battery operated sensors that work for those situations, but not battery powered lights that connect via Zigbee/Z-Wave/etc. Those are typically plugged in as I suspect battery operated lights would require frequent charging… Others might be though!

Personally have some very small lights that are battery operated and turn on/off via a small integrated sensor that detects the presence of a closed door.

I also have some string lights that are connected to Zigbee controllers which I turn on/off via various types of sensors, rules, etc., but they need to be plugged in…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0839N6GSR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are battery powered with motion detectors built in. No Zwave or zigbee, but they work well for light on/light off in cabinet

Thank you so much for that suggestion. I ordered a set and they are working perfectly for what I needed them to do.

I had a similar project. I used these lights. They are battery powered but you can also use a micro USB power source. I had tried other battery powered lights but constantly buying batteries sucked. What i did here was use a lithium battery brick and plugged them in to that instead of disposable ones. The battery brick lasts forever too. I did the project a few months ago and haven't had to recharge it yet. My project was a lazy susan. It really lit it up nicely and you can't see any wires.

https://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Lighting-Motion-Wardrobe-Waterproof/dp/B07RVM3MYL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3FS7DR1VY5X8Z&keywords=LED+Under+Cabinet+Lighting+Motion+Sensor%2C+CFGROW&qid=1647270622&s=hi&sprefix=led+under+cabinet+lighting+motion+sensor%2C+cfgrow%2Ctools%2C78&sr=1-4

1 Like