Battery level on dashboard tile

Can someone enlighten me on how I can add the battery level on a dashboard lock tile. Thank you.

My lock tile shows the battery level. I don’t recall doing anything other than adding the tile.

Perhaps then it may be worth @jkudave and @ngbergeron confirming:

• The locks they are using and the driver in HE
  • That a battery level is present in the Current States of the Device Details page for the lock device in HE (was going to suggest a screenshot, but could understand if people don't want to post the state of their lock online...)
  • The template being used on the dashboard (I'm not expecting this to be the issue)
  • Schlage Zigbee lock (forget exact model) using Generic Zigbee Lock driver

• Battery level is present in Current States

• Lock Template

1 Like

On the same dashboard I have 2 locks, both locks are Schlage BE 469 ZP. One tile shows the battery while the other doesn’t.

How do I display the battery on the second?

Do you see a battery reading in the Current States for the device that is not displaying the battery on the dashboard?

1 Like

No I do not. I thought I had 2 Schlage BE 469 ZP locks but the one showing battery strength is a WK older version, the ZP is not showing battery strength. Newer model less features or is it the way that the lock was include to the z-wave mesh.

Ok, then then that is the issue, not with getting the battery reading on a dashboard, why / how to get the battery reading into the device in HE. That is a question for either the dev's of the driver, Schlage or other's here who use the same model....

2 Likes

I’m very disappointed with Schlage. I only pursued that brand because the only lock compatible with Wink App is the Schlage BE469WK. I had 5 units of this model in service, one broke while under warranty and Schlage replaced it with a BE469ZP as the WK model was no longer manufactured. I had to buy a used lock on eBay given my sites worked with Wink. Now that I have converted to Hubitat, I was pleased to do a leap forward in technology and pleased to integrate the ZP. But I don’t understand why Schlage would remove the battery meter on a more advanced model! Schlage explain the logic? Given that these locks are at short term rental sites, I can’t be there everyday to listen to the speed of the battery motor opening the lock to determine battery level. I need a reliable lock with a battery meter and with strong z-wave communication.

Does anybody out there feel strongly enough about their lock to recommend what I should purchase as a replacement. Appreciate your input.

Is this the Yale model number YRD216ZW20BP you are recommending?

I did add the ZP lock using the generic z wave lock profile. It asked me if I wanted to add S2 security which I did. I did not add the lock as a generic z wave device. Once integrated, on my device page the lock appeared with correct model displayed.

Are you stating that other ZP lock owners have managed to get the battery level in their hub?

At my short term rentals I also have a lockbox that holds a key. If a guest advises that he can't get in because of battery or programming issues the fall back is the lockbox that I then send them the code for. So I need a z wave lock that also have a key hole fall back.

I thank you for your help, I'm just questioning if I should go with a lock that has an existing Hubitat profile which means it has been tested and accepted by Hubitat rather than your recommendation for the Yale lock integrated with the generic profile. Why would the Hubitat Gods not endorse your lock?

Just because a particular lock doesn’t have a device specific driver, does not mean it isn’t a supported device. I have a Zigbee Schlage lock that uses the generic Zigbee lock driver and it works 100%.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you all for your input. Norman

1 Like

Schlage locks, on the other hand, were removed from the compatible devices list because they were particularly troublesome for many people. The drivers for the locks were not removed from the firmware though.

So this is an example of a device that has a built-in driver, but is less reliable than the many locks that work with generic zigbee or z-wave lock drivers.

3 Likes