Battery Level don't work

Besides all the advice above, I'm not sure this particular point has been touched on: you'll only get a notification when a battery event happens (and the value of that event matches your notification criteria). So if you have a sensor that is already below 20%, this app won't do anything until the next time that device sends a battery report, whenever that is.

Like many people above, I do activity-based monitoring instead. I do supplement this with battery monitoring for some devices I care a bit more about (it's more proactive and not just reactive), but I think I need to work that into my app for on-demand reports instead of using Notifications like I am now. That way I can more easily see the levels when I want to, can get notified at a time that's good for me (a feature of the app), and don't have to deal with a bunch of notifications at 2 AM for a sensor I'm not going to worry about at that exact time. :rofl: Just sharing my opinion/experience if you care.

3 Likes

Thanks Again
I will install the Whatchdog and i think later i will annoy you with other questions

Wayne:
Apparently, if you exclude and then re-include the battery powered smoke and CO detectors, then they "wake up" at a shorter interval. (Not tested, since I'm on the road.)

I have not seen that on these as they were just excluded from my C-5 and included on my C-7 and it's still a week wake up interval.

what version are you running on those?

Platform 2.2.7.123

co

I would say that might be the case with those using "plus" devices with the "Generic Zwave Plus Smoke/CO Detector" driver. I'm using the non plus driver as my devices definitely don't have the plus stamped on them in fact they don't even have the zwave logo on them, but the connect via zwave.

On the device page I also don't have the wake interval listed, it just lists the last time the battery was polled.

I think that might be only for the "plus" models.

Just wanted to say thank you to this post; after using Device Watchdog, I get a better alert when my devices are running low juice.

It's too bad that the standard stock HSM battery level not working as expected.