Battery alert suggestions

I'm off webcore now so I no longer have an automated way to send low-battery alerts. What is everyone else doing to keep on top of battery levels?

Below is a custom HSM rule. Very simple but effective for me. There are other apps out there that give very granular control but made my logs too noisy..so I went for simple.

7 Likes

Wow, didn't know this was built into HSM. This works for me.

Great. Here's the other popular app to check out.

4 Likes

btw … if you are using rooms manager … battery monitoring and device connectivity check is built in.

2 Likes

@stephack how often will that custom alert run?

Not sure what you mean.
It's a monitoring rule, so it will alert whenever a battery reports that its's below the threshhold.

If you are asking whether or not it polls the devices, then I believe the answer is no. I believe it simply subscribes to the battery level attribute of all devices and will only kick in if they report too low.

@bravenel can confirm.

I think that’s what I was asking :grin:.

I used to use a webcore piston that would tell me once a week which devices were below a specified battery percentage. Something like that is preferable to me than getting an alert each time a device reports it’s battery is low.

I’m gonna give that HSM monitoring rule a try, though. Thanks!

Try Eric's app from the below link. It works great to let you know if battery levels are low and if a device has stopped sending updates altogether. You can control how frequently and when it alerts you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.