Bathroom Humidity

Bringing this back up. In my one bathroom I use an Aeotec Multisensor 6 and an App to control the humidity from a shower in my bathroom. I'm remodeling another bathroom and was about to go down this route when I saw this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Broan-NuTone-Condensation-Sensor/1001447646

Now that's not the only one I see being sold as it looks like a few companies make something similar. I'm truely all about KISS and if something like this actually works it would be fine with me. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they actually work or are they a gimmick?

What I have in my other bathroom works great...and I don't mind doing it again...but this just looks like it might be even easier...just swap out a switch on the fan.

I don't have a neutral at my fan switch (long story), so I've never been able to try something like this.

But my main concern would be placement -- our shower is an old-school tub-&-curtain type and although the fan switch is not far outside it laterally, I think it'd simply be too low on the wall to pick up the humidity jump in time to be useful.

But who knows - maybe the settings could be tweaked enough to work.