Bathroom Humidity Fan

What you are seeing is based on the Logging level set in the app options, Go in the app and check the last option at the bottom, set it to Run to just get regular messages instead of the debug messages. Or set it to none for no messages at all.

1 Like

The logs look normal, but if you want them to disappear, what @nclark said will take care of it.

I just thought it may be a problem. If not I won't worry about it.
thanks

1 Like

Notice that each log entry is either an “info” or “debug,” which often means the app or driver is just doing what it’s supposed to do. “Warn” or “error” log entries are more likely to represent a problem.

What humidity sensor do you guys recommend for this? Currently using the zooz temp/humidity sensor. Not sure if it records humidity often enough.

The Zooz worked fine for me, I also have used a Iris gen 3.

Aeotec 6. when USB powered it has a lot of options for sending. I personally prefer for it to send on changes in humidity (which happen quickly with a shower) than every x seconds/minutes.

Thank you @napalmcsr and @jrfarrar SO much for this app, it's exactly what I was trying to create using RM!

What I had created though, included a delay after the humidity percentage was reached/passed, so the fan won't come on while I'm still showering. It's a wall fan, not an exhaust fan, and you don't want it blowing on you while you're still showering/wet.

I thought the Aeotec 6 on batteries would automatically send changes, but apparently not, it's like every hour or something? Can this be changed?

I think you need to use one of the user developed device drivers to get that to be changed. I haven't owned one of these in years. I see @csteele has one, I don't know if it will change that.

1 Like

just discovered this, thank you!

1 Like

So I feel like I have a setting wrong.
There is 89% humidity currently and it's not on. Turned on by itself when my daughter was taking a shower but only ran for 10 mins. Also turned on by itself eairler today when my son took a shower, only ran for 10 mins as well.

Set logs to need help, and post.
I'll take a look at it.

How do I do that?

go into the app

hit save
then go back into the app and go to the settings page

take a screenshot of the application state table
and I see you posted logs, after you update the logging level wait a bit and screenshot them again please.

Application state table

so right now you have a humidity increase rate of 5, and the last time you got a humidity reading it had only gone up by 1.979999, so 5 might be too high. I would look at the humidity events during a shower and see how big the changes are to try to find the starting point.

I don't think my zooz sensor is reading humidity very often. I turned the shower on full hot and after 10 mins I could not see in there and it had not turned on. Only after I turned it on and hit refresh did the register a humidity level.

Interesting, did you set the zooz to report humidity at the lowest percentage, and also do the temperature the same? That was what I had to do to get the humidity to go every 4 minutes or so.