Bathroom Humidity Fan

Maybe. You are using the code I posted above which is a change to the original posters thread. You might want to use the original code in the FIRST post. The original turns on based on an increase in humidity for ONE sensor (typically the one in your bathroom). The code you are using is a modification that requires TWO sensors. One in the bathroom and one in another part of the house to compare to. If you are only wanting ONE sensor start over with the code in the first post. If you are trying to use the code with TWO sensors. One as a baseline house humidity level and the second as the one in your bathroom. Please post a screenshot of your app setup page. It appears that the baseline is null (which it shouldn't be) and the increase amount is null (which it shouldn't be). Also set the logging level at the bottom of the app screen to "HELP ME"

My apologies.
I probably didn't have my coffee before replacing the original with yours.
I should drink more coffee.

Or my fault for posting a different version in Craig's thread....and confusing everyone. Glad you got it back!

This is great! Does anyone know how to modify it to put a name for the instance of the app. I have two instances going for two different bathrooms and would like to name each one so i can tell on my apps page.

oops, I must have destroyed that ability at some point! let me try to figure out how I did it.

Updated to 2.0.3 to fix the missing create your own title.

sorry, still not clear how I can name multiple instances of the app differently? Lil help....

BTW, love the app (both versions)!

Newest version should have the circled section.
Maybe I should make parent child setup for easier organization...

1 Like

Ah, I see the problem. I was using the @jrfarrar fork, but it doesn't appear to have the same instance-naming feature?

Yeah, I was just informed I messed that feature up when I went to 2.0 of my code.

add this line after the logging section in the page config

section() {label title: "Enter a name for this automation", required: false}
1 Like

That did the trick. Much obliged.

1 Like

@mluck I updated the other version too

1 Like

Thanks very much for the app. I set it up for 2 bathrooms and it was much easier than trying to write the rule in. It seems to be working as expected, but I did notice that the fans were turning on themselves (no one showering), due to the high humidity here in Brisbane (Australia).

Quick question, is it meant to be that you have to have a value in the Humidity Threshold (%) section? I tried to leave it blank, but it keeps defaulting to 65% once I select Done.

If it does need a value there, should I set it at 90 or 95% ?

Thanks again for the app.

Yes, set it to 90, if you don't want the threshold.

Thanks @napalmcsr

New Release:
Max run time when started automatically.
Removed old time to update code. Using HPM now.

5 Likes

@napalmcsr Thanks for this app, just installed it after struggling with writing some rules to do the various items this already takes into consideration.

1 Like

Anyone know what this is about?

yes, What do you want to know?

How tofix it?