Bathroom Humidity Fan

Added an option to create a virtual switch and a switch selector to use in other rules to keep the lights on or whatever other crazy things you guys come up with. It will sync the switch state with the current operation of the fan. Add it to any motion lighting rules to disable turning off the lights when it's on. I wouldn't put the light itself in there in case your fan evacuates the humidity faster than the bath or shower. The device will automatically name itself the same as the child app. You can rename it if you like.

Just noticed this. Did it clear up?

Added with lateset release.

I'll have to recheck!

1 Like

While trying to replicate the issue the only case I could find any null error was where the combined humidity sensor hadn't yet acquired a humidity value yet. Usually right after creation before all the sensors used in the combined had reported in. This went away after the first check in within a couple of minutes though. Would be helpful to add the version number as the line numbers change sometimes.

Ok, so yes I get this error when trying to go into the main app. I never setup any humidity sensors in there though as I have my own averaged one. So I can not even get into the parent app now.

Version is: 1.1.28

EDIT: Ok I just deleted the app/child and started over. All working now.

New Version? 1.1.29

Yea, no major changes though. Just refactored some code.

Ok was able to replicate that other error. I just went into the parent app and chose 3 humidity sensors...after that it errored. Same error as above and I can't get back into the parent app.

1 Like

I'll take a look in the morning. What model of humidity sensor are you using and could you post a screenshot of the device page showing its current attributes for humidity?

Updated the parent app. See if the change fixes it by running a repair in HPM. I couldn't replicate the problem on my dev or production hub so I'm guessing that it has something to do with the format of the humidity output of one or more of the sensors. If so, it should be good now. If it's something else I'll need more info.

Were one of the sensors you added in the parent app one of your averaged virtual sensors?

Away from the house for the weekend so I'll have to check when I'm back. I tried it multiple ways. I also tried hitting "create sensor" without picking any and that bombed it too. Will give it a shot tomorrow or Monday when I'm back.

Try running a repair in hpm also. I have been unable to replicate the issue trying countless ways.

@lewis.heidrick et al, great work to this point. Works great and tonight maybe even too good. WAF took a bit of a hit tonight when it came on during her bath. I planned for that and have it set to only 5-7 AM during the week. It came on dutifully at 9:34 PM tonight. Even indicates disabled by time, day on the app page. Bug or do O have it configured incorrectly? Let me know when you have a chance.

Post a screenshot of your settings and I'll track it down. Just need to make sure the disabled trigger catches whatever trigger I missed. Should be easy to track down.

I don't know what's going on but I tried again and same problem. Making sure I just picked two pretty regular humidity sensors. Then I had to remove the app. Did a repair and now I can't reinstall. I go to add user app, pick the app and get the page to hit done to install. That's fine, then go back to apps and when I click on the parent I always get this:

Over and over again. I can hit done and it goes back to the app page, but when I click on it that same page appears.

I uploaded my copy of the parent app to github. Can you try a repair one more time. If that fails, perform a backup and then go back and restore the backup you just took. Just to rule out any database corruption.

Now that worked! I was able to create an averaged sensor and install the app.

1 Like

I'd still try a backup and restore, just to make sure there isn't something else going on too. I'll be pushing out 1.1.30 later to address the disabled issue.