Basic Rules UI broken in 2.2.6.133 with explicit app name

Looks like the Basic Rules interface is broken with 2.2.6.133.

If the "Change the Basic Rule name" option is selected, you cannot re-edit the rule. Any attempt to click on any of the pull-downs fails. Both Safari and Chrome. A work-around is to edit the rule again, disable the name change, save the rule (can take several attempts) and then re-edit the rule again to change what is needed (including putting the name back).

1 Like

Noticed the same as I was verifying the time offset fix for some of my rules.

What browser? Not able to reproduce.

Edge on Mac for me... Now that I think about it, I was able to edit the first rule I opened, but none after that...

I was tee'ing up my sunset-based offset fix by re-typing in the minutes offset. That worked once. On the next one, I instead tried simply hitting the "done" button and noticed that reset the "next scheduled" with the proper offset, so that's all I did for the next few rules.

I moved on to trying to tweak something else and noticing I couldn't make any rule edits anymore - couldn't select anything to change in menus or open-entry fields. I even tried going back to the first rule I worked on, but that one wasn't playing ball anymore either.

It's a strange one!

AFAIK, Edge is not a supported browser. Sounds like you have some cache thing going on.

Try it with Chrome.

OK, figured this out. Fix in next release....

6 Likes

Winning - thanks Bruce!

Got stuck in a refresh loop.

2 Likes

Happens to me all the time.

Edge is not a supported browser? Huh? I don't personally use it often, but not supporting the browser offered by the largest OS supplier seems, well, odd. I would think any of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari should be supported as each are major suppliers with significant market share. I'm a big Hubitat fan. Not supporting one of those four major browsers seems out of character.

Top 10 browsers atm:

Chrome 69.28%
Edge 7.75%
Firefox 7.48%
Internet Explorer 5.21%
Safari 3.73%
QQ 1.96%
Sogou Explorer 1.73%
Opera 1.12%
Yandex 0.90%
UC Browser 0.37%
1 Like

Considering edge is using the chrome engine (infact any chrome plug in is compatible) Is there that much difference? (Honestly have not had any real chance to play with it since it's updated release)

2 Likes

That’s a relatively “recent” change, but in general a supported browser means that all or a large percentage of the UI have been tested with the browser; may just be a matter of timing, but not unusual for a smaller shop to only have the resources to fully vett a small subset of browsers. Doesn’t mean that others don’t work, just that they haven’t been fully tested.

1 Like

Fair enough sir

1 Like

I"m not sure which release was current when this was written at the end of March, but I am currently on 2.2.7.126 with a C7 at the end of May and it is still broken using Chrome on a Mac (i.e. I can't edit a Basic Rule except for it's name).

What do you mean by this? I'm not seeing any issue with editing Basic Rule, with or without changed rule name.

There is nothing to click on to let me edit the rule other than the name of the rule. Here is a screen shot from inside the rule:

For example, in a Button Controller rule I can go into it and there is a place for me to edit the rule:

If there is a way to edit the Basic rule, I'm missing it.

That's bizarre! Try clearing your browser cache.

If that doesn't work, remove the rule and recreate it.

I went into Safari and it was the same. (First screen shot was from Chrome). I created another Basic rule and it seemed it could be edited.

The reason I went into this first rule was I wanted to see just what I had done and how I did it. So it won't be so easy to recreate it. Any backdoor way for me to get into it?

What happens when you click on the gear next to the rule?