Basic Rule Restriction not working as expected

Last week I moved all of my smart bulbs back to Hubitat from SmartThings and recreated the rule I used to have running on the ST hub.

I have a basic rule set up to operate my office light during the week, unless I have a scheduled day off (I'm off every second Friday).

When Time of Day is 7:20 AM ...
Dim Office Light to 50
Wait until Time of Day is 8:00 AM, then ...
Dim Office Light to 100
Wait until Time of Day is 4:30 PM, then ...
Dim Office Light to 50
Wait until Time of Day is 5:00 PM, then ...
Turn off Office Light

Rule can be triggered ...
Only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Only when not disabled by Holiday ST on

The lighting schedule part of the rule is working as expected, but the restrictions are not.

As far as I can tell, the restriction I have defined is working as an OR condition and I need it to work as an AND condition.

I need the rule to only run Monday to Friday.
If the Holiday ST switch is on, do not run the rule.

The Holiday ST switch is off and this morning (Saturday), the light schedule activated.

That tells me that the rule is looking at the restriction as an OR condition.

I used this rule on Hubitat previously, minus the Holiday ST switch, so I know the Monday to Friday restriction does work.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

You need to post a screenshot of the Basic Rule itself. This works for me as expected:

Irrespective of whether the switch is on or off it won't run today.

I think I figured out the problem.

I had the restriction set as Restrict only the trigger.
I ran another test on a different light and changed it to Restrict trigger and pending actions (which was the original default) and it worked as expected.

I had changed that setting on Monday morning because I had selected the wrong light when I restored the rule and needed to use Run Actions to get it going properly.

1 Like

Confirmed that the weekend operation of the rule is now working.

Changing the restriction back to Restrict trigger and pending actions from Restrict only the trigger resulted in the rule working as expected on a weekend day.

Will know for sure tomorrow morning, but that should do the trick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.