Basic Rule and number of devices to control question

Don't know if its me or something else. I have all lights set to turn off at 3AM, I have them all clicked in a rule, about 30 lights. Yet, every morning, there are some that don't shut off at 3AM. Is this too many devices to be deactivated at once in a rule? Should I set mulitple rules and spread it out.

This could be a mesh issue. Likely not all commands are reaching all lights.

Are you using Zigbee or Z-Wave switches?

2 Likes

This is likely the solution, if @Sebastien 's assessment is correct, which I am leaning towards as well. Some improvements to the mesh may also help, but it may still pay to spread them out as well.

2 Likes

One other suggestion is to try.....App to turn off a lot of devices with retry

You would create a virtual switch that could be used in your Basic Rule that would then trigger the All Off app.

3 Likes

Combination of both Zigbee and Zwave.

Instead of setting all the devices in the rule I would set them up as a group. Then use the group in the rule. Groups have a few options you can try. If you are using Zigbee bulbs then enabling group messaging will greatly improve the performance and eliminate the popcorn effect.

3 Likes

Are the switches that stay on all on the same protocol, or on several?

You got a few really good suggestions above. The app to turn off a lot of devices is one that I use - might be a good option.

2 Likes