Basic Rule 1.0 error: control thermostat

Hi all,

I noticed an error in an old Basic Rule routine to control thermostat settings by time of day. So, I deleted it and started anew. However, I could not finish creating the rule due to an error that pops up when selecting the thermostats. Details are below.

I created the routine I need using RM with no issues, so I don't need personal support for a "broken app." But I thought it would be helpful to post the issue in case it's helpful to devs or other users. :face_with_monocle:

{FYI I use the HE Ecobee app and the Ecobee Suite Manager in HE (they seem to be OK together) and I share data with Home Assistant. I do not have any HA automations to control the thermostats. Devices appear twice on the dropdown menu (one from HE and the mirrored device in HA). The first one of each type in the drop-down is the correct one.}

Details:

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

{Log entry below}

Error: No signature of method: basicRule10.parseJson() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.ArrayList) values: [[[off, cool], [off, cool]]]

app:4962022-12-22 03:14:02.856 PMerrorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: basicRule10.parseJson() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.ArrayList) values: [[[off, cool], [off, cool]]] on line 1182 (method mainPage)

Show more...

You have an out of date thermostat driver. See this post for an easy fix to this problem:

Use the steps there, but make your supportedThermostatModes have the same list of values as they have now, only with the double quotes around each value as shown.

1 Like

Ah, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.