Ball and Socket for Iris Motion

Too bad it doesn't come in other sizes. This is apparently a car phone mount?

And I know this comes across as cheap or whatever but at $10 each for my motion sensors, I would go broke pretty quickly.

Here's another option, via eBay:

Iris Motion Sensor 2 way adjustable/removeable wall mount.

I don't know how long that link will work, but the seller is "asus1963". $7/ea with shipping, in black or white. I like your design better (ball & socket, vs. 2-axis range of motion from "asus1963"), but the eBay version 'clamps' onto the sensor, rather than being glued to the back.

I understand........ just thinking if you know the angles you wish to use I would go to Home Depot and purchase a 1" wood dowel. Cut one end the angel you want. A little spray paint and two command strips and you should be good to go.
If you wanted to get fancy you could cut that above in half and screw a round magnet to each face.

1 Like

I ordered some of these off Etsy, much cheaper and work well. Here's the link:

1 Like

Please give the link.

When the paint is harder I can clean up the edge but the base looks great in white. This is the same white I use to repaint Decura wall plate screws.

John

6 Likes

You're right, it looks good.

Which paint is that, exactly? (Cuz I have a bunch of Decora screws to paint.) :smiley:

The color is not what I would call "perfect" but it is as close as I've come.

Paint_02

Aliexpress Aqara motion sensor mount. ~$2ea

2 Likes

I just gorilla glue a small strong magnet to the back of them. Use a screw at the angle you want, or any metal really. works great, they are easy to remove for battery changes etc but still stay in place really well. I have 10 V2's and 10 V3's mounted all over my house this way.

14 Likes

This is an excellent solution :smiley:

2 Likes

I would ready appreciate if you can please provide a link for that

1 Like

Found this on AliExpress

What magnets did you use for this? The ceramic magnets I tried were not strong enough, and the neodymium ones are massive, like 1-1/4 inch diameter.

Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon have very small neodymium magnets:

1 Like

I picked these up at steve's ace hardware If i remember correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion. I had one mounted for a year in my covered porch with backing tape, but when I needed to replace the battery I couldn't get it off because I put it too close to the edge of the clapboard. I took it off and was looking for some mount. I have lots of strong magnets (I take apart old hard drives, which all have one or two neodymium magnets around the head assembly), so I put two on the back. This holds it strongly to the house, but allows me to take it off to paint, etc. Thanks!

1 Like