Background usage

Thanks I’ll give the beta a try.

1 Like

I have not been using geofence, so I can't vouch for its manners regarding battery drain. I've been using Homebridge, SmartThings, and WIFI presence with @jwetzel1492 's combined presence app.

I've stopped using the app. All I use are shortcuts to the dashboards in chrome. That way I get the dashboard faster on screen, I don't have to wait for the app to deside if I'm using the cloud dashboard (I never do, vpn all the time) and since I don't use geo or notification from the HE app I don't miss that either.

Yup, the app was killing my battery in half a day. I set it to only when using and force quit it. I've never looked back. Maybe some day I'll revisit it but geolocation isn't currently on the top of my list.

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread. The Hubitat app definitely uses a ton of battery for location services. It’s the top drain on my iPhone X at 34%! I have other apps that use my location for SmartHome features such as Smart Life and August lock and they are no where near as power hungry. Hubitat, please optimize the app! Thanks!