Back in the saddle again - same C-3

Just wanted to share my experience with Hubitat...

I was an early adopter and purchased a C-3 because Smart Things just wasn't cutting it for me. I gave Hubitat the ol college try, but could not get Alexa to find my devices. As many of you know, this was a huge issue in my house. All of the Hubitat guys went way out of their way to help me but it just wasn't in the cards.

Fast forward 5 years - still sick of Smartthings, I saw that Hubitat had Homekit in Beta, a Konnected integration, and Action Tiles to boot. So, I thought, let's give it another try and I pulled the ol C-3 out of the closet. This time around, EVERYTHING has worked!

I almost bought the C-8 out of impulse, but thought, everything is working on the ol C-3 so I must not need the extras (although I really do WANT the C-8, I don't NEED it!) Sounds like something I'd tell my kids - haha..

I don't have a huge system but currently using Homekit, the Ring integration, Actiontiles. I had Konnected running as well, but since it doesn't expose well into Homekit, I purchased a Ring retrofit kit and going that route. Couldn't be happier with Hubitat as a key piece of my system.

Anyway, thanks for reading and Kudos to the Hubitat team for sticking with this idea they had. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 5 years!

Todd

7 Likes

oo.. Those are nice , but… I don’t think it will include on C-3.. Most ring devices refuse to connect without S2 encryption which is on C-7 and C-8.

I'm using Homebridge to get the Ring devices into Homekit. Using the Ring app for Hubitat to get the devices on my Actiontiles dashboard... works great!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.