Average All Device Driver

Approval wonโ€™t be for a while until we are ready for the site to go live

1 Like

Yup, we got the mail, so all good, thanks for persevering. Seems to be an issue for Mac/iOS devices for some reason.

Good to know - thanks.

In the mean time - how/where can we get current app/device driver?

Have you looked at Hubitat's github? @bravenel has posted several averaging apps (averageHumidity, averageTemperature, averageIlluminance). They are easy to use, and can be leveraged to average anything else you want.

2 Likes

Yes, I have looked at those, but here's the NOOB problem... how do I set the temperature of a virtual temp sensor = the average of x others?

That's what I like about the Average All app - It does precisely that :slight_smile:

That is exactly what @bravenel's apps do. Have you tried installing any of them?

The averaged value is placed in a virtual sensor.

1 Like

DOH - yes, I installed it before my last post. I then went to my Devices page and filtered for "test" and didn't find it. Kinda missed a step and didn't refresh the page first! My bad.

Ok, next question - how often is the average calculated/adjusted? Would hope it is "if x,y,z temp is changed - then run this app".

When any of the sensors being averaged change in value. You can test this very easily as such:

1. Create two virtual sensors, and give them different values.
  2. Create an average app that averages them.
  3. Every time you change the value of either one, the averaged value will change.
1 Like

Ah, so @bravenel app works as expected, but.

The real need is to set the current temperature of a Virtual Thermostat - not a Virtual Temp Sensor - so it will work with Keenect zones. @Cobra app does that for me.

Now I'm just back to my first question - where can we get the "current" versions today? I have seen issues with Average All "stopping" and doesn't work again until I walk through each child app - then it works again for a long time.

There was an issue with the previous version where the average device could be โ€˜floodedโ€™ so the app stopped.
This should have been fixed in the latest version as I have not seen any issues since implementing the fix.
The latest version gives you options to use either an automatically created device or a selected thermostat etc.
Kt will be available when the website opens.

Andy

Easily done with a single rule.

It would be almost trivial to modify the app in Github to do this.

On line 46, change "Virtual Temperature Sensor" to "Virtual Thermostat". Voila!

1 Like

Jeez - I saw your initial response and went to look... was just about to ask if that was how to do it.

You guys all rock!

Looks like my pressure sensors don't wanna do averaging

Humidity works. But also showing some errors.

Hi
Can you open a ticket on the helpdesk and include screenshots of the errors and you config please

Andy

And where is helpdesk?

Members tools -> contact us

Sorry man, can't do that.
I won't have access to PC for while.
And going through that site on cell phone is impossible.
It's not a problem for me, I was just checking it out, more bug reporting than request for help.

Oddly, I have a problem installing these drivers. Always getting something along these lines:

"No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:AverageThis, namespace:csteele, author:C Steele, description:Average a set of Illuminance (Lux) sensors., ...]]"

I have tried all sorts of different averaging drivers now, and I'm getting the same. Though I easily imported or pasted in dozens of other drivers.