I'm a programmer and engineer by trade, so I'm pretty enthusiastic about the open / configurable nature of the HE. Right now I've added some Honeywell thermostats to control the zones in my home, and that went well.
What I am looking for are some recommendations -
- I want to do whole-house audio control from a central location, six to twelve inputs and about six outputs. So far, all the devices I can find (like Niles, Legrand, AudioSource) seem to use proprietary and non-automation remote switching controls - What are people using?
- The old (non-smart) security system in the house was a DSC system monitored by ADT. I want to be able to manage and control the security system through z-wave - Any recommendations for DSC replacement/compatibility?
- Several fans in my house have LED bulbs and motor control done through 110v dimmers/sliders, and most of them are 3-way dimmers/sliders - Who makes a good fan+led control that works with 110v 3-way?
- POE cameras - Does anyone make a security system (linux preferred - like bluecherry) that has z-wave control integration?
- Outdoor lighting - For security lighting, I'd like a system where from dusk to dawn, the exterior security lights are on, but are on low - dim, and trigger to high - bright when motion is detected, and I'd like there to also be a keypad that controls the high/low for like 20 minutes and then returns to regular programming - but it also signals the PTX cameras to follow the motion.
Any suggestions, folks?
Thanks in advance!